94 GT Tailpipe Install

Awtblo

Reaction score
Here's the dilemma. I don't have access to the lifts atwork at the moment, and I’m wondering if any of you have managed to snake yourtail pipes in on jack stands, and if so, how'd you do it. I’ve alreadyinstalled the new h pipe, and half of the cat back.

Pushrodsnake

Reaction score
Place your jack stands underneath the rear frame rails (just ahead of the forward lower control arm mount) and let the rear end hang.

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
i took mine out with the help of a friend.. it was really annoying, but it came out after a while

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
yeah like pushrod said letting the rear axle hang is key. I've been known to support the rear diff, unbolt the shocks and then let the axle down even further for more clearance.

OP
OP
A

Awtblo

Reaction score
I just figured i'd let everyone know that i managed to get em in lol. I just did one side at a time, and lifted the car by the pinch weld on the rocker.

Thanks everyone =)

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
How do they look ? No not the tail pipes the rockers ? I'm kinda lost on why you would jack it up there ...

OP
OP
A

Awtblo

Reaction score
How do they look ? No not the tail pipes the rockers ? I'm kinda lost on why you would jack it up there ...

They look fine, it didn't do anything to them, it's the same spot we use to lift em on the lift. I did it so the axle could hang. On pts, ford lists it as a jack point.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
LOl make sure there made for your car. I brought some that was for some other mustang or something and we had to cut and weld shit to get them on . It was a *****. My whole bassani catback is cut custom rofl from the mufflers to tail pipe section.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
7ehepa3y.jpg

demanuny.jpg

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon