Just a fun V-6 driver

oldfox

Reaction score
I have owned Mustangs for years and they have all been V8s I have had everything from turbos to blowers.
But I needed a driver for expressway cruising. I go from West Virginia to Ohio about twice a month about
500 mi round trip. So I decided why not try out a V-6? The cars around here are rusted pretty bad so
I found this car in Craigslist in Florida. Two owners both women, 67,000 mi V-6 Auto with air and lots of
options super clean-NO RUST- For $1,100 I flew down and drove it back, Ran great about 28 MPG.
Is 28 MPG about right for a V-6? (ran about 70-75 MPH) the interior is black and really nice almost like new.
-- needed a vent center of dash you can see it's broke in the picture.--

I plan on this being a fun project car. I'm going to keep the engine and drive line stock. I just would like it to
look a little bit better on the outside. I think I'll go with the look of a Cobra but not run any badges.
So far i have found some good deals on some stuff already. I picked up a set of Cobra wheels and a duel
stainless steel exhaust system kit.

I had a 94 cobra and really liked the look of the car. But after breaking my left knee the 5 speed didn't
work out very well. This is how the car looked when I picked it up.

I lucked out this had the rear window defrost it's nice to have that here but hard to find a car in Florida
with that option. -- this is the 3rd mustang I have bought in Florida.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely clean man! The MPG is a little better than normal, especially in an auto

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Mpg sounds about right. I use to have a 97 v6 and they were great on gas. Nice find! Didnt know the defrost option was special. Up north its mandatory. I like the plans you have in store sounds like your on the right track! You should be able to find some leather seats at a decent price if you look around.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I suppose, it probably has the 2.73 rear gears

Yup, also, OP said he was just cruisin at a steady 70-75 the whole time so he wasn't shifting. I could see it getting around that number. I never tracked the MPG to the number but i did notice the v6 tank always lasted twice as long on the same routes and roads.

OP
OP
O

oldfox

Reaction score
Yup, also, OP said he was just cruisin at a steady 70-75 the whole time so he wasn't shifting. I could see it getting around that number. I never tracked the MPG to the number but i did notice the v6 tank always lasted twice as long on the same routes and roads.

Yea, If I was going like 60-65 it was shifting every time I went up a hill even a small one so I bumped it up a little
there was a station that sold ethanol free gas (extra $.95 a gallon) now I wish I had got it just to see if my milage
would go up with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FHCee

Members online

No members online now.