G’day from Australia - Ex-Japanese 1994 5.0 GT

AUSN95

Reaction score
G'day from Tasmania, Australia, SN95 owners!

Long time lurker, but thought it appropriate to finally join, as I picked up my first SN95 this evening. (That's right, I'm living in the future ;))
It is an Automatic, Deep Forest Green 1994 GT that has travelled a mere 58,633km (approx. 36,400mi) in its 30 years of existence.
Sold new in Japan, back in '94, It was imported into Australia in 2001 & professionally converted to RHD.

I'd wanted a pre-New Edge SN95 for quite some time.
I feel they are very under appreciated... And they're extremely uncommon to find in Australia.
Back in 2021, I sold a 1995 JZA80 Toyota Supra (which I'm fairly sure is now in the US) & almost took the plunge on an Ex-Jap 1996 black on black manual Cobra.
Unfortunately with the world the way it was, particularly Victoria - which is where I was living at the time, I was without employment and had very minimal income, so made the hard (but wise) decision to pass it up.
I've kept my eyes open for a tidy example of an SN95 ever since, not having much luck until I found the one I bought, a few weeks back.
The original listed price was quite a lot more than I was prepared to pay... But it came down. Then it came down again.
Tempted, I went and had a look, but still wasn't prepared to pay what the seller was asking.
The price came down AGAIN, yesterday. Tonight we met in the middle! :cool:

First thing to do is acquire a set of the smoked Cobra-style Headlights.
Second on the list, I'm going to refurb & slap on a set of Japanese-Forged BBS wheels, which I currently have on another import.
Then comes the lowering. It's essential, it's sitting like a family SUV at the moment!

Anyways, that's enough chatter...
Below are a couple of pictures of my GT:

IMG_4902.jpg
IMG_4899.jpg

PS: The "Export" taillights aren't for sale, don't even ask. ;)

OP
OP
AUSN95

AUSN95

Reaction score
A follow-up post for those who are interested in some non-Mustang related content...

This is the "import" mentioned above:
IMG_2120.jpg
It's a 2001 Toyota Crown "Athlete V", which was imported to Australia from Japan, back in 2016.
It is a factory 1JZ-GTE car, for any JDM boys in the forum.

And if Japanese cars aren't for you, I also have a true Aussie Ford legend, the Falcon Ute:
IMG_1215.jpg
To be precise, it's a 2005 XR6 Turbo, which has what is arguably the best engine to ever be produced in Australia:
The Barra.

Fuel prices here are currently approx. $4.45USD per Gallon of 91ULP & $5.00USD per Gallon of 98ULP...
And you'd best believe my whole fleet is thirsty! o_O

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to The Herd! Thanks for the nicely done Intro. Your Stang looks really nice and though I’ve never seen a Falcon Ute…. I’m liking it right away, too++

Got a shot of the front (headlights) currently on?

Keep us posted on changes and progress. Cheers!

GTamas

Reaction score
G'day from Tasmania, Australia, SN95 owners!

Long time lurker, but thought it appropriate to finally join, as I picked up my first SN95 this evening. (That's right, I'm living in the future ;))
It is an Automatic, Deep Forest Green 1994 GT that has travelled a mere 58,633km (approx. 36,400mi) in its 30 years of existence.
Sold new in Japan, back in '94, It was imported into Australia in 2001 & professionally converted to RHD.

I'd wanted a pre-New Edge SN95 for quite some time.
I feel they are very under appreciated... And they're extremely uncommon to find in Australia.
Back in 2021, I sold a 1995 JZA80 Toyota Supra (which I'm fairly sure is now in the US) & almost took the plunge on an Ex-Jap 1996 black on black manual Cobra.
Unfortunately with the world the way it was, particularly Victoria - which is where I was living at the time, I was without employment and had very minimal income, so made the hard (but wise) decision to pass it up.
I've kept my eyes open for a tidy example of an SN95 ever since, not having much luck until I found the one I bought, a few weeks back.
The original listed price was quite a lot more than I was prepared to pay... But it came down. Then it came down again.
Tempted, I went and had a look, but still wasn't prepared to pay what the seller was asking.
The price came down AGAIN, yesterday. Tonight we met in the middle! :cool:

First thing to do is acquire a set of the smoked Cobra-style Headlights.
Second on the list, I'm going to refurb & slap on a set of Japanese-Forged BBS wheels, which I currently have on another import.
Then comes the lowering. It's essential, it's sitting like a family SUV at the moment!

Anyways, that's enough chatter...
Below are a couple of pictures of my GT:

View attachment 36233
View attachment 36234

PS: The "Export" taillights aren't for sale, don't even ask. ;)
Welcome! Great looking car!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the family.

You have a nice assortment of “market specific vehicles” :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member