New to SN95's

FinnTheHuman

Reaction score
Hey everyone - figured I'd better check in here with an intro thread.

Not new to Mustangs...I've had a few 5.0 fox bodies, and I'm certainly not new to Ford's in general, but I am new to SN95's. It's hard to believe, but I've been Mustang-less for almost two decades. I've been looking for the past 2 years or so, and a few weeks ago I brought home 1995 Cobra #0064. All of my previous Mustang's were "nice" in the sense that, they looked ok but had some miles and plenty of beatings on them. This time, I wanted something actually nice. So when I finally found it, I pulled the trigger.

Been google-searching a few things since bringing it home and of course, many of those searches brought me here. Figured I better join up! Looking forward to learning and contributing where I can.

Attachments

• 09.09.2024 1.jpg
    09.09.2024 1.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
Welcome to the show, again. Very nice ride for sure. Don't be afraid to post more photos.

OP
OP
FinnTheHuman

FinnTheHuman

Reaction score
Welcome to the show, again. Very nice ride for sure. Don't be afraid to post more photos.
Thanks, Bronco! It feels great to be back.

Adding to my original post, this Cobra is mostly stock. The engine is untouched, the only mods are exhaust (stock headers, o/r X-pipe, Flowmaster 40's of course, and factory tailpipes), and it has Eibach Pro springs. I put the 95 Cobra R's on myself after I bought it, and I replaced the rear shocks with a pair of Bilstein B6's. The stock Cobra shocks were fine, albeit 29 years old, but they were too squishy for me.

The car just rolled 13,000 miles yesterday. I plan to leave it stock, I love it the way it is. Steeda Tri-Ax and possibly 3.73's will likely be the extent of future modifications. This is a summertime weekend cruiser.

Attachments

• Mayer 1.jpg
    Mayer 1.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 09.09.2024 2.jpg
    09.09.2024 2.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 12

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! Great find and super nice looking Snake. FWIW, I support your quest to keeping it so close to stock. Keeping, of course, the parts you do swap out on a shelf, nicely packaged away in your garage/storage.

OP
OP
FinnTheHuman

FinnTheHuman

Reaction score
Welcome! Great find and super nice looking Snake. FWIW, I support your quest to keeping it so close to stock. Keeping, of course, the parts you do swap out on a shelf, nicely packaged away in your garage/storage.
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone - much appreciated!

Daryl, I'm absolutely keeping all the stock stuff that gets removed, it all goes into storage in my basement. That's part of the reason I removed the original wheels and replaced with the R replicas right away, other than I just love the classic looks of the 95 R's on a Cobra. I have no idea if these 94-95 Cobra's will skyrocket in value someday like the 93's have (not like this thing was cheap, I guess...), but it doesn't hurt to be prepared and keep all the original pieces around. I've hit my limit for exterior mods, now it's figuring out detailing products and whatnot to take it from looking great to spectacular.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
As I’m sure you are well aware, there are a seemingly endless number of cleaning and detailing products and brands out there. I’ve been all over the spectrum from pricey to cheapest and recently have been very happy and impressed with McGuiar’s interior cleaner followed by their Ultimate detailer. Leaves a brilliant shine that’s not too overbearing and has lasted longer than the plethora of others in the past. It’s almost always available at your local store and definitely on Amazon. I used it most recently on my ‘12 Ram 1500 daily & the ‘95 Cobra and the product holds up and still impresses me. Works for me!

OP
OP
FinnTheHuman

FinnTheHuman

Reaction score
I’ve been all over the spectrum from pricey to cheapest and recently have been very happy and impressed with McGuiar’s interior cleaner followed by their Ultimate detailer.
I'm a lifelong fan of Meguire's products, I used one of their leather products right after I took ownership of this Cobra, but I'll have to pick up some of the interior cleaner/detailer as well. Thanks for the tip. I've used their NXT wax for many years and I just grabbed some of their "tan bottle" wax to try out. I also have an 18 Focus ST and a Toreador Red 96 F150 that looks as nice as my Cobra, in large part to regular use of good products/practices and of course, a life spent in the garage when not in use (and no winters).

Googling car detailing products is an exercise in futility. There's just way too much available.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SHDOPNY

Members online