Starting Issue

Boostr1

Reaction score
So when I start the car cold it will turn over, start no problem and idle great. When I go start it again, even if it ran for less than a minute it will have trouble starting, and I need to step on the go pedal to fire it up, and if I don't leave my foot on the gas while its running it'l die or idle real rough before it smooths out. I've had this problem even before I installed the Cobra tank, Lethal Dual Pump Hat, and 6 an return line. Any thoughts?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[mention]ttocs [/mention] didn’t you have the exact same problem for a while???? What was your fix??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Boost I wanna say iirc that it had something to do with his fuel system bleeding back into the tank so it took a minute or so to actually prime it back up but I might have that wrong

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Boost I wanna say iirc that it had something to do with his fuel system bleeding back into the tank so it took a minute or so to actually prime it back up but I might have that wrong

Interesting, but what would cause that?

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
To note, this started happening after I did the new motor and SC install.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
I was doing some Googler search, and somebody mentioned the temperature switch by the thermostat could be bad making the computer think the motor is still cold and trying to rush fuel in for a cold start... but my motor didn't run long enough to to get to temperature.

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
I'm really wondering if it's that temperature switch, It is the original one.

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Take a video of what it’s doing. I wanna see if it sounds different when it’s hot.

I happen to have a clip from that same day... Give me a few while I load it to YouTube.

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Alright @evilcw311 here is a clip. Don't mind my kids commentary...
This Is the second start up, after I fixed the fuel line problem.

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
This Isn't really a warm start, because when I had to shut off the car after the fuel debacle it only ran for however long the video ran minus the cranking so maybe 35 seconds.

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Sounds like the tune needs adjusted.

Who did the tune with what software?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It was a local speed shop specializing in Ford Racing. I never went back to get it adjusted cause the transmission took a crap, and the owner went thru some hard times and Isn't in the game anymore. He used SCT Tuning Software.

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Crap, I'm gonna have to go into the tunes stored on the hand held. Theres are 2 tunes he stored in there, one performance tune and one standard tune for when I go in for inspection. I also messed with the fuel mixture because I was adjusting my A/F ratio and doing highway pulls to get it right. that's when my trans went. I might have it running to rich cause I was adjusting for the cold weather temps then. Lol, It's all coming back to me now.

BigBore96

Reaction score
Crap, I'm gonna have to go into the tunes stored on the hand held. Theres are 2 tunes he stored in there, one performance tune and one standard tune for when I go in for inspection. I also messed with the fuel mixture because I was adjusting my A/F ratio and doing highway pulls to get it right. that's when my trans went. I might have it running to rich cause I was adjusting for the cold weather temps then. Lol, It's all coming back to me now.
Haha yeah I saw this thread and was like minor tuning issue! Mine does the exact same thing. Just havent had the time to focus on correcting the minor tune issues

Do you have the PRP or just adjusting with the handheld

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Just adjusting with the handheld. I gotta check what tune I have in there right now. It might be to rich as well when I adjusted for the cold weather temps.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like it’s loading up badly. Definitely a lot of fuel being dumped in.

Check with your tunes first. Then if nothing found check the temp sensor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online

No members online now.