Stock seats - any replacement suppliers?

SN95_Project

Reaction score
Any idea on where the best place would be to start looking for a set of stock seats for a '96 GT? Obviously I've checked ebay. Just curious.
Thanks!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ebay is or maybe marketplace/used is about your only choice. They do make covers to go over the existing seats. I might have heard of one person that did it themselves but most people will want to pay an upholsterer for their time to do it right. Otherwise corbeau makes some nice replacement tracks that attach to their seats and they have a lot of options that look nice. I love my GT2's

07GtS197

Reaction score
If I were to put new seats in one of these and I didn’t need a racing style seat I’d swap s550 seats. By far they are the best Mustang seat imo, unless you’re a big guy then the bolsters can be a little much.

shovel

Reaction score
There's reproduction Fox seats from LMR, they drop right in minus the electric bit. Might not be what you're looking for & the fabric won't match your back seat but it's an option.

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd look on FB Market place. Probably your best bet. Try to find local, because shipping will suck. My neighbor has a full set sitting in his shed, cloth covered though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
who was the company making the new covers? I can't think of it for the life of me, they looked good but were not cheap.

07GtS197

Reaction score
TMI. I have no experience with them but they’re everywhere so they can’t be that bad. There are some vendors on eBay that sell new seat covers as well but if you need a whole seat that doesn’t help much.

stillhavingfun

Reaction score
I have a set of stock (grey tweed) from my 1996 GT. Driver has a worn spot and passenger is fair. Both need cleaned. The distance will be a problem for some. I am in Central Arkansas and they are FREE to someone who can use them. This is a roll up window, no power seat GT. They are not power seats.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
TMI. I have no experience with them but they’re everywhere so they can’t be that bad. There are some vendors on eBay that sell new seat covers as well but if you need a whole seat that doesn’t help much.
TMI makes replacement foam too.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you keep your eyes open maybe put out a WTB stock seats add you might be surprised. When I swapped mine out I could not give the stockers away. I had them up for $25 and still didn't even get a nibble. I finally took the tracks off of them, sold them for $75 and then took the lumbar support out of the drivers side to put in corbeaus and threw the seats away.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you keep your eyes open maybe put out a WTB stock seats add you might be surprised. When I swapped mine out I could not give the stockers away. I had them up for $25 and still didn't even get a nibble. I finally took the tracks off of them, sold them for $75 and then took the lumbar support out of the drivers side to put in corbeaus and threw the seats away.
I feel like this is getting more common place these days with a lot of parts. Shipping costs are so high that it doesn't even make sense to sell anything that big anymore unless it's local pickup only which makes your reach super narrow.

Pallgor

Reaction score
That’s most of seat problems is the foam deterioration. I had my seat refoamed and it wasn’t cheap. I didn’t know there was a company that made replacement foam

Flade

Reaction score
With the early SN95 seats, the cloth and possibly the leather covers are bonded to the foam. So when getting TMI seats you have to get the foam too. recovering seats isn’t hard when you have good pre-made upholstery. I’ve done a number of seats in classic Mustangs. I wish TMI offered the Grey cloth seats my 94 GT came with.