Exhaust is too loud

v8powerv8jim

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First off,Happy New year to you all.

I'm looking to swap out my Magnapack catback for something a bit quieter,but without sacrificing a lot of power.

Right now the car has no sound deadening etc,at idle its loud & at WOT its crazy,the cops certainly dont approve over here in the UK :)

After searching Youtube sound clips etc,kinda looking towards the Bassani catback,will be keeping my O/R X pipe but will i lose much power going with the Bassani?

sweet94GT

Reaction score
From what I have heard, Bassani anything is top notch.
On a side note, there is no such thing as exhaust that is 'too loud'

OP
OP
v8powerv8jim

v8powerv8jim

Reaction score
Ha ha i hear what your saying..but most folk here drive normal everyday stuff,even at my local cruise which has all kinds from 6 Pack Cuda to a built big block 55 Chevy..mine is the loudest!

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I know what ur saying..... I'm sure half the time I get pulled over its because it sounds like I'm going way faster then I am.....

With an off road pipe you will have a pretty loud exhaust IMO

Slykin

Reaction score
Meh. I've never ran anything but O/R stuff, and it's only too loud when the mufflers make it that way. I'm running Dynomax stuff right now and it's a bit too quiet for me honestly. Overall though, I like it. It's quiet at cruising and screams at ya at WOT. I have heard that Magnapacks are real loud though, so most stuff should quiet it down some.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I've also heard that Magnapacks are pretty loud. What about switching to a catted X? It'll quiet it down some and still have a nice bark to them

OP
OP
v8powerv8jim

v8powerv8jim

Reaction score
Yeah i had thought about a catted X as well,but quite fancy a change in sound too,not just the volume.

sweet94GT

Reaction score
Plus adding cats to an uncatted system will cut some power too.

Just switch to the Bassani and sell the Magnapack

TanTop94

Reaction score
If you were looking to quiet done I'd go with Dynomax, I was going to put a Dynomax Ultraflo SS catback on my car but gave it to my little brother instead. I've heard that they are a very high flowing exhaust and while giving a nice tone won't be too much even with a o/r midpipe. My Dad runs a dynomax cat back with a catted midpipe and dynomax unequal shorty headers, even with a 347 stroker his car gives off a nice tone while just cruising around, not too loud.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Huh. I'm lost. Bassani is not quiet. If you want quiet you should get magnaflows... those r considered quiet.

Sent via Tapatalk Mobile

FrankenStang

Reaction score
From what I have heard, Bassani anything is top notch.
On a side note, there is no such thing as exhaust that is 'too loud'

lol wanna bet, my car with flow 44's you could hear at idle a block away in the house....id say too loud..

BigBore96

Reaction score
It's the offroad pipe x making it super loud. I have bassani o/r x and catback. It's loud. I also have a bassani o/r x and a magnapack catback. It's just as loud, although it's slightly louder than the bassani at idle. Bassani sounds better IMO. If you want to quiet it down. You can add cats, change to an o/r H and get a slightly quieter deeper tone, get a o/r prochamber. Sounds awesome but it will quiet it down a good bit, or change catbacks. The bassani will quiet down some. But not too much.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
honestly most any mufflers are going to be on the loud side with an offroad x pipe. the Bassani will be quieter than the magnapacks but they're still going to be loud. If you're looking to quiet it down considerably I'd look at getting a catted midpipe.

OP
OP
v8powerv8jim

v8powerv8jim

Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys..i'm not looking for it to be sleeper quiet,just less noise & drone than the Magnapacks.

BigBore96- Do you have any sound clips with your Bassani setup?

BigBore96

Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys..i'm not looking for it to be sleeper quiet,just less noise & drone than the Magnapacks.

BigBore96- Do you have any sound clips with your Bassani setup?

I do I believe. 1 with my Gt with the bassani o/r X and bassani catback, 1 with my 4v cobra, and I believe I have one of my brothers 5.0 cobra. Maybe. I'll check and upload them in a bit.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've had Flowmaster, Bassani, Borla Stingers and Borla side exhaust with offroad midpipes, the only one that didn't drone was the side exhaust. I'm thinking if you want to reduce drone then add cats, that's my plan.

OP
OP
v8powerv8jim

v8powerv8jim

Reaction score
After even more listening/searching online,i'm now thinking Mac Prochamber and keep my cat back.should work out much cheaper than a cat back to get it shipped over here too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online

No members online now.