94 GT belt size and route??

VERT94GT

Reaction score
On mine i bypassed the smog and a/c completely but they're still attached, just neither of them work correctly. It's on the list... anyway. I used duralast part 830K6. this is with the stock pullies and bypassing both the a/c and air pump. I used hectorlzn's picture because, well it's friggin perfect. That's how i routed my belt. had to get the tensioner to almost full counterlock to get it on, which i think is correct because when the first 2 belts didn't fit at the house i had to pull it that far to get the stock belt back on. put the 830K6 on at the parts store and tried to break the car on the way home. Kosher.

In summary, autozone's duralast 830k6 belt fits MY 94 gt perfectly to pypass both the a/c and air pump while retaining the stock tensioner position and idler, with stock pullies.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
The car i just picked up is routed just as javi posted. I wated to know the length for future reference so this is much helpful. Now i just have to unbolt the the pump and lines and toss it in the trash :)

Pure84GTT

Reaction score
VERT94GT said:
On mine i bypassed the smog and a/c completely but they're still attached, just neither of them work correctly. It's on the list... anyway. I used duralast part 830K6. this is with the stock pullies and bypassing both the a/c and air pump. I used hectorlzn's picture because, well it's friggin perfect. That's how i routed my belt. had to get the tensioner to almost full counterlock to get it on, which i think is correct because when the first 2 belts didn't fit at the house i had to pull it that far to get the stock belt back on. put the 830K6 on at the parts store and tried to break the car on the way home. Kosher.

In summary, autozone's duralast 830k6 belt fits MY 94 gt perfectly to pypass both the a/c and air pump while retaining the stock tensioner position and idler, with stock pullies.

my local auto parts store ran out of 83" but had an 83.5, I used that and it was loose enough to toss the belt. I went back and got an 82.5" and it was snug and worked just fine.

flyboygeo

Reaction score
Yep like a few others after 3 or 4 trips to the parts store, 90.5" worked perfect with only the smog pump removed, all other stock accessories.

Newman

Reaction score
is there anything that needs to be done for the water pump since its getting spun other way due to belt?? I have removed smog and A/C. Thanks!

castine917

Reaction score
you mean the reverse rotation pump? use routing posted above that matches which pullies you have and the belt will spin pump in the direction it should. pic by hectorlzn is 94-95 with smog and ac removed.

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
besides cleaning up the engine bay is there any real benefit to removing the smog pump? i mean 5 hp honestly isn't that much to worry about. i guess i could see the motor revving up a little faster but that about it. if i am wrong correct me.

castine917

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
Suspect said:
use a peice of string to measure.

What he said. Measure is out with a piece of string. You don't need to buy that BULLSHIT pulley. It also can vary depending on if you have stock pullies or underdrives or even the BRAND of underdrives. Regardless...click this link. It will show you pics of how to route your belt. It even has A/C delete routing and sizes. Remember, it may not work perfect for you. If it doesn't, run some string through in that routing order, measure it, drop about a half inch for the tensioner off your final measurement, then go to the parts store and tell them the lenght you need and in 6 ribs. I always bought TWO sizes smaller as well and just took back what didn't work out.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com//Detailed/660.shtml

ctrout

Reaction score
Gates K060825 worked for my 95 GT with stock pullies to bypass AC and smog following the same routing as in the pic by hectorlzn with smog and ac removed.

Effective Length (in) 82.59

Effective Length (mm) 2098

Number of Ribs 6

Outside Circumference (in) 83.155

Outside Circumference (mm) 2112

Top Width (in) .807

Top Width (mm) 20

Packaging
Customer Pack 1.0

Standard Pack 300

Product Attributes
Section K

Weight
Weight (Lbs.) .45

gopher_6_9

Reaction score
Smog Delete and underdrives and I have to run a 76.6 if I am not mistaken. I have the card in the glove box if anybody REALLY wants to know I will post it up when i get home. Yeah the string method is good, but installing it in the parking lot of the parts store is your best option.

extreme_21

Reaction score
I had a smog delete pulley in place with ASP pullies and the original sized belt...bearing just went on the smog pump delete pulley so I just re-routed the stock sized belt and this was perfect.

Bypassing the smog pump pulley, by rerouting stock belt, tensioner is backed about 60%

Over Alt..
Under idler..
Over PS..
Behind Water Pump..
Over AC..
Under Crank, then front of Tensioner to Alt..

I thought this might slip, but it`s been running strong with a stock sized Gater belt, no noise, no slips and SMOG is bypassed

itsell

Reaction score
Old thread, but this thread helped me narrow down the size so figured i'd post my results. AFR 165 heads if that makes a difference on location of the alternator and PS pump im not sure, but might have slight variance there. I initially tried the 2045MM (80.5") Length as Hectorlzn posted and it fit over everything but with zero tention. Ended up with 2040MM (80.3") working for me, I belive all stock pullies, NO smog, NO A/C.

Attachments

• 20240212_110740.jpg
    20240212_110740.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240212_110745.jpg
    20240212_110745.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872