99-04 4.6 2V MID LENGTH headers - Who makes / made them?

ctandc

Reaction score
I know it's a long shot. My '04 GT had mid length headers put on it by the original owner. I'm guessing a within a year or two of it being new. I've been under it several times and can't find a nameplate / insignia etc. They are fine for now - they aren't stainless steel - so there is some light rust, but I was just wondering who made mid length headers for these cars?

JBA is out - these headers aren't stainless steel.
They are definitely not long tubes and definitely not shorties.
Bassani is the only other one I can find so far.

One distinct (maybe, maybe not) feature of these headers... on the LH header the steering shaft goes THROUGH the header itself, the primary tubes are made to go around it. Plenty of clearance too.

Thanks for any help.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Bassani normally used stainless with all their exhaust components and they were not cheap.

Their are 400series stainless steel materials that has a mix of iron with in its composition that aids in its abilities to bend and stretch. A magnet will lightly attract to it and the material will lightly rust. Its possible to be Bassani brand.

OP
OP
C

ctandc

Reaction score
Bassani normally used stainless with all their exhaust components and they were not cheap.

Their are 400series stainless steel materials that has a mix of iron with in its composition that aids in its abilities to bend and stretch. A magnet will lightly attract to it and the material will lightly rust. Its possible to be Bassani brand.
Thanks. I'll get some pics next time I'm under the car.

joe65

Reaction score
i have a set of the jba's coated ready to go on mine. Pretty sure like you said not them, and the steering shaft doesn't go through. maybe you have some custom? the only ones i've seen when i went looking for mine were bassani and jba.

OP
OP
C

ctandc

Reaction score
i have a set of the jba's coated ready to go on mine. Pretty sure like you said not them, and the steering shaft doesn't go through. maybe you have some custom? the only ones i've seen when i went looking for mine were bassani and jba.

Not sure. Keep in mind, these headers were added 15+ years ago when the car was near new. I need to remember to get pictures next time I'm under the car.

OP
OP
C

ctandc

Reaction score
So I finally dug up the Bassani install instructions. Didn't realize that each primary is installed separately, then the collector is slipped on. These might be a winner.

joe65

Reaction score
So I finally dug up the Bassani install instructions. Didn't realize that each primary is installed separately, then the collector is slipped on. These might be a winner.
Yeah i'm a big fan of bassani, every set of their cat backs ive put on cars fits like a glove. I put a set of magnaflow on and couldn't believe how shitty the fitment was after using bassani.

Snorky

Reaction score
I know it's a long shot. My '04 GT had mid length headers put on it by the original owner. I'm guessing a within a year or two of it being new. I've been under it several times and can't find a nameplate / insignia etc. They are fine for now - they aren't stainless steel - so there is some light rust, but I was just wondering who made mid length headers for these cars?

JBA is out - these headers aren't stainless steel.
They are definitely not long tubes and definitely not shorties.
Bassani is the only other one I can find so far.

One distinct (maybe, maybe not) feature of these headers... on the LH header the steering shaft goes THROUGH the header itself, the primary tubes are made to go around it. Plenty of clearance too.

Thanks for any help.
Post pics, bassani is a 5 piece header, individual bolt on primaries and a bolt on collector. Should be a tab with a single bytton head and nut.. Typically they use 400 series stainless which is still slightly susceptible to rust. The bassanis the shaft goes through one of the primaries.

Great headers, awesome ground clearance. If I could I would switch back to a blower and bassani headers and midpipe, great stuff!

OP
OP
C

ctandc

Reaction score
Post pics, bassani is a 5 piece header, individual bolt on primaries and a bolt on collector. Should be a tab with a single bytton head and nut.. Typically they use 400 series stainless which is still slightly susceptible to rust. The bassanis the shaft goes through one of the primaries.

Great headers, awesome ground clearance. If I could I would switch back to a blower and bassani headers and midpipe, great stuff!

After searching out Bassani's install instructions, other pictures, I'm almost sure the car has Bassani mid-length, catted Bassani x pipe and Bassani cat back. Car sounds great. I'll try to get pictures.

Makes sense - the car shows evidence of having a Vortec SC on it years ago, likely at the same time these were put on.

The headers aren't rusted badly at all, just some light surface spots here and there. They are in excellent shape considering they've been on there 15+ years.

Snorky

Reaction score
After searching out Bassani's install instructions, other pictures, I'm almost sure the car has Bassani mid-length, catted Bassani x pipe and Bassani cat back. Car sounds great. I'll try to get pictures.

Makes sense - the car shows evidence of having a Vortec SC on it years ago, likely at the same time these were put on.

The headers aren't rusted badly at all, just some light surface spots here and there. They are in excellent shape considering they've been on there 15+ years.
Probably sounds sort of like this then, only smoother if you have cats.
Bbk long tubes. o/r x and Bassani catback

This was mine back when it was NA, full bassani everything no cats or baffles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online