battery light blinks on and temp gauge moves up when you floor it or full throttle lo

hottwheels04

Reaction score
Like title state I just had weird random electrical problem where when i go to accelerate or go full throttle or under load, where on my dash the red battery light symbol comes on blinks on and off and temp gauge needle goes up and soon as I let off the gas gauge goes back to normal and battery goes off, and every time I hit the gas it does it you let off goes away or drive normal its fine but soon as I accelerate it comes on, I know it started doing it after I hit a bump, you think I loosen up an alternator/ battery cable ?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
perhaps your voltage regulator is going bad in the alt. Have you had it tested?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
any codes? any other problems? does it occur often? did you check your ball joints?
(all these are serious questions with the exception of the ball-joint one.)

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
its a brand new alternator, it just did now on my way home out of nowhere lol no codes its weird

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
:-/ is the bolt on tight to the battery? lol.

very strange indeed.

did your old alternator go bad, or was it giving you the same problems?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Check to make sure the alternator connection isn't corroded in any way, and battery terminals too. I know they don't often corrode on these cars but if they do then your gonna have issues like this because the more powa you give the gas pedal the more electrical current is being pulled from the alternator. And if any connections are corroded that current will be severely weakened. May not be corrosion at all, may be a dying alternator. But shouldn't be a terrible problem to diagnose

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
The alternator I bought in January, my old 1 was shot so I replaced it . so hope its not going bad already :(

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
Just started the car to see if it would do it again now it wont do it lol so hopefully it was random lol I will be deff doing a voltage test on the alternator @ idle and when I put it under load, I dont need another bad alternator this will be my 4th napa alternator lol never buying 1 from them again lol knock on wood wish me luck thats all I can think of checked the battery everything is new, I have a new alternator battery and starter all was done from jan to last month. I checked all connections looked good battery terminals and battery is 1 month old.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Corrosion under the insulation can cause problems too.
Just peel back the insulationa small bit to see if there is shiney copper under it. shiny is good, green needs cleaned up.

OP
OP
H

hottwheels04

Reaction score
Corrosion under the insulation can cause problems too.
Just peel back the insulationa small bit to see if there is shiney copper under it. shiny is good, green needs cleaned up.
Its all copper, I just replaced a everything, new terminal cables, to starter and starter cable, the battery is 1 month old and the alternator was replaced back in end of Jan, I also just replaced the alternator cables/ wires they were shity looking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FHCee

Members online