Catalytic Converter before dress up.

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
It's discontinued now but perhaps there's one on the shelf somewhere.. Flowmaster made a similar exhaust called "Force II" which has the SN95-specific heat shields on its larger resonated 50 series mufflers and a lot quieter than the 40 or 44s . I have a GT Force II on my 3.8 (with a custom H-pipe adapter) and ignoring the difference in how a V8 and a V6 will always sound I greatly prefer the almost silent cruise with the 50 series vs. the 40's my GT has.

Now we’re talking

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Now you all see why I didn’t get, and couldn’t touch, this car until I was almost 30

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
It’s because it’s something to be proud of.
Definitely not a loud mouth

TrickVert

Reaction score
My car has Flowmaster 40's and an O/R pipe when I got it. I actually stopped for ear plugs partway through the 5-hour drive home. It sounded wicked, but far too annoying for my ears.

As for cats/no cats: leave them off if you don't mind coming home from a drive smelling like exhaust, otherwise, keep 'em. (I installed a set of Magnaflow soun-metallic ones.). They'll also tone down the exhaust note a bit. (It sounds like you've already made up your mind on this, so kudos.)

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My car has Flowmaster 40's and an O/R pipe when I got it. I actually stopped for ear plugs partway through the 5-hour drive home. It sounded wicked, but far too annoying for my ears.

As for cats/no cats: leave them off if you don't mind coming home from a drive smelling like exhaust, otherwise, keep 'em. (I installed a set of Magnaflow soun-metallic ones.). They'll also tone down the exhaust note a bit. (It sounds like you've already made up your mind on this, so kudos.)
What up o.g. the 40s and o/r h was what I had in my old 96 cobra. Loved that sound

RossA81

Reaction score
Recently took the catted Bassani x-pipe off my 95 Cobra and replaced it with an LAR off-road x-pipe. Sounds much better. Has longtubes and Flowmaster 40's. Surprisingly not that loud and does not drone. I imagine the longtubes and the T56 gearing help quite a bit tho....

Ross

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online