EGR delete

wannaboost94gt

Reaction score
I was getting a tune for my new setup anyways, Only cost 159.99. Sooo

wannaboost94gt said:
So I ordered a tuned chip with the egr turned off, all I need is the block off plate for the TB and the headers? Please Help. :dontknow:

Any input...

slo1

Reaction score
go get a 351 Windsor fuel pump block off plate I think I heard that will work on the TB and go to hardware store and get a brass plug the same size as the flare fitting that goes on the header

slo1

Reaction score
I deleted mine not for performance but because I boyght gt40p heads with stainless fms headers and theres no where to hook it up on those headers
Paul said:
That's a lot of money and trouble to delete something that has no negative effect on performance.

Prdbyford1

Reaction score
Quick question along these lines. That stupid pipe that rubs from the header up the egr has a hole in it. I would assume that at part throttle when the valve is open I am getting some unmetered air in there which is essentially a vacuum leak. How likely would this be? I have been experiencing a rough idle, the surging (although better now that I have a new valve on there), as well as a stutter or chugging at part throttle.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You can get a new pipe from the dealer for a reasonable price. Look online.

Yes, I can imagine that could cause some idle issues.

bama 94gt

Reaction score
I just bought a chip that I can hook up to a labtop to change whatever I want too

91MARO95STANG

Reaction score
bought the egr delete plates from ebay best stuff ever been driving the stang with no problems and the service engien never turned on so im good with it and i got a 95

94-5.0GT

Reaction score
Ryclef what do you mean about "fix" your egr valve? Like take it apart an weld it? I'm having this problem now too. I have a block off plate an the egr valve idk what to do. I have fox long tubes on my car.

jpeister

Reaction score
I just put the "ebay" EGR eliminator plug on my 95vert and it seems to work fine the check engine light did come on but then I repositioned the plug and well now its off and the car idles alittle better I had a bad idle think the EGR was going bad or maybe the IAC and EGR cuz it still ain't great but did get better with the EGR eliminator simulator plug off Ebay....

Newman

Reaction score
im totally lost on this EGR delete. How does it help? Cost? Time to complete? Thanks!

powered427stang

Reaction score
I wanna do this egr delete but is it best to use a egr delete plate or use egr spacer which will work fine? I don't really know the best for this never dealt with egr much.
Would be nice to get rid of some cluster

five0racer

Reaction score
So I pulled my motor out this week and noticed something funny about my Edelbrock Performer RPM manifold. The AIR port from my heads feed into the lower, then to the upper, and hits a wall at the throttle body elbow. Has any one else noticed this? Did you use the gasket block between the heads and the lower? It seems to me that it can eventually leak past the gasket. The pictures below are what I am talking about. I am switching to a Fox setup soon and will block off the EGR/AIR port between the lower and head.

IMG_4917.JPG

IMG_4913.JPG

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
That's the internal EGR that fox body mustangs use. It's not a problem.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Agreed, foxes use a different EGR setup, I actually liked the 94/95 setup better. I used MAC longtubes that came with the bung for the EGR so I just kept it and didn't worry about the issues of deleting it. Also helps if you have a a visual inspection like NJ used to have until a few years ago. Deleting it really does 0 performance wise, yes it cleans up the engine bay but the bigger cleanup comes from getting rid of the garbage crossover and emissions stuff that goes to the back of the heads which I did when I installed my Edel Performer RPMs. Car did 301whp/325wtq with the much maligned Performer RPM heads, Tmoss ported Cobra intake, HR270-112 cam and all the bolt ons and a functioning EGR system. EGR also takes literally 1 minute to remove and re-install so I don't see the big deal myself but w/e. I'm living in ModularLand now so I don't have to deal with that setup anymore...

tykempster

Reaction score
Here's what I did, no CEL for me.

Cut the tube at the header. Put two pennies with rtv on both sides, put the nut back on. Cut tube at throttle body. Two pennies with RTV again. Blocked off vacuum lines. That's it.

Reaction score
I put fox shortys on my mustang so for the egr I just cut the nut off leaving a little piece of pipe with the nut and hammered the pipe shut and screwed the nut on, this blocked the hole but keeps the egr there with it still plugged in, so no cel or idle problems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online