(HEATING AND COOLING) HVAC Control Head W/ Cables Climate AC Heat Control

thereal_sp94GT

Reaction score
Hi all. First timer. Thanks for reading!

I have a 94 Mustang GT Convertible (5.0, 5spd). Recently, I noticed when on HI heat/ac, the hot/cold temperature knob would have a lot of resistance. This would result in the knob actually turning itself from the "tension" or "suction." Not sure what is happening or how to fix it.

When I lowered the air flow, it did not have this issue and the knob felt perfectly normal and stayed in place. It is only when I put heat/ac on the middle or HI setting does the hot/cold temperature knob feel resistance.

I checked all the lines going into the firewall, removed the radio and bezel for a better look. Checked the lines behind the glove box. It seems like all tubes are snug and in good condition. I do not see any kinks in the two black cables leading into the white temperature control module.

I purchased a used 94-00 Mustang HVAC Control Head W/ Cables Climate AC Heat Control (Aa7117) on eBay, but not sure if replacing this would solve my issue. But, for $23 bucks, I took the risk.

Also, while I noticed this knob issue, my heat/ac was only blowing out of the front defroster. A common issue in SN95 I am reading. This issue seems to have disappeared as it now switches from vent, to floor, to defroster with no issues.

Can these two issues be related. What is happening?

Is it the hot/cold temperature knob cables or the small white temperature control module itself? That would be my suspicion, since those two cables are hooked up directly behind the hot/cold temperature knob.

Do I need to take apart the whole dash for something like this?

*** I am also looking to see if anyone knows what I need to remove the two screws in the white temperature control module.

Thank you for your help in advance!!!

Last edited:

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Hello.

It’s been a few days since your posted this, have you tried to swap the control panel out yet?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online