Hello

Kyle89

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I am first time mustang owner (bow tie by heart and blood ) but I been after this 95 (lil Red) is her name mustang for 10 years she has 129k on the body and 96and some change on the motor she sat for 10 years after my brother-in-law pulled the blown 3.8 out and droped this one in after changing the head gaskets (to be safe) he never finished it but it sat after just bolting the motor in and hooking wires up I bought a starter pulled trans and replaced tc seal plugs wires and a oil change and went to do a test fire today and it ran when it was pulled from other car it sat under the hood for 10 years easy un touched I have not found any chewed wires but I can not get fuel pump on (assuming it’s toast) it will not crank over with the key but everything comes on I can however use the starter relay and crank the motor with the key on there is some fuses under the dash gone and I think a maxi fuse under the hood is gone and a circuit breaker fuse also gone under the hood I am not getting ANY spark from the coil I’ve made sure it was in park I’ve tried neutral everything as far as I can tell is plugged in there is no fuses I see that are (key related or spark related ) it has an obd2 port but cars date on the door jam is 1 of 95 so January 95 is when it was rolled out idk if they had obd2 then or not on ford but I plugged a scanner in and got no power from it so I assumed it is nonfunctional being a 95 does anyone have any ideas on this no crank no start ? /no spark
IMG_0798 Copy.jpeg

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
could be TFI , COIL PACK , RELAY, FUSES , BAD FUEL PUMP, BAD SARTER, BATTERY VOLTAGE TO LOW ,
could be a number of things , you would need to trouble shoot each individual problem

OP
OP
Kyle89

Kyle89

Reaction score
Thank you I have been doing what I can and with it being. Obd1 system kinda sucks but battery is bran new full charge so I know that and the new starter and off the checklist

OP
OP
Kyle89

Kyle89

Reaction score
Well scratch all that off the list because she starts just not with the key right now 10 years in the grave and I brought her back to life got to fix trans lines vacuum lines and a couple coolant lines

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Kyle! Got yourself a little looker there, but she's gonna be some work. Call it a "labor of love" and you'll never lose the enthusiasm. Good luck with it and keep us posted if we can help. Cheers!

OP
OP
Kyle89

Kyle89

Reaction score
Update still no crank with the key bought a pack of fuses today I replaced number 18 under the dash and she starts by jumping the relay got to hook up the o2 sensors and cats and do some vac lines and she should smooth out at idle I got to put transmission lines on which I’m going to have to put some rubber hose on in a couple spots on the lines till I can buy the prebent line or steel braided lines one line has a crushed section I also got to find another wheel and fix a break line leak before I can move her around the yard but got great oil pressure and no smoke so hopefully the head gaskets are good my brother-in-law abandoned it after changing head gaskets on it cause he said they was wrong but autozone only sells one set so idk fingers crossed

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Update still no crank with the key bought a pack of fuses today I replaced number 18 under the dash and she starts by jumping the relay got to hook up the o2 sensors and cats and do some vac lines and she should smooth out at idle I got to put transmission lines on which I’m going to have to put some rubber hose on in a couple spots on the lines till I can buy the prebent line or steel braided lines one line has a crushed section I also got to find another wheel and fix a break line leak before I can move her around the yard but got great oil pressure and no smoke so hopefully the head gaskets are good my brother-in-law abandoned it after changing head gaskets on it cause he said they was wrong but autozone only sells one set so idk fingers crossed
You’ve got your work cut out for you, sir! But it’s not REALLY “work”, is it?! Definitely sounds like you have a check-list organized. Nuthin’ left to do but get after it. Good luck!

OP
OP
Kyle89

Kyle89

Reaction score
Thanks my biggest issue now is finding a vacuum line diagram for the 95 3.8

OP
OP
Kyle89

Kyle89

Reaction score
I got some more to line out but got it closer question… the little line on driver side the small one where is it supposed to go ? And secondly the hose that was disconnected causing idle issue does the other part of the metal line go to the pcv?

OP
OP
Kyle89

Kyle89

Reaction score
That helps a lot thank you I went to autozone today to get a book and they don’t even have anywhere like wtf

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online