My sn95 isn’t running with the spout unplugged

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
I feel what you’re putting out but detonation sounds devastating. Misfire sounds like a hiccup. No noticeable miss or rough acceleration in the recent. But it is a bit sticky on fire up. With what we’re talking about I think the computer is heavily correcting or allowing for performance aspects.

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
I’m seeing different weights between balancers. Some claim street performance or race. What I want is the oe right now.

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
I feel what you’re putting out but detonation sounds devastating. Misfire sounds like a hiccup. No noticeable miss or rough acceleration in the recent. But it is a bit sticky on fire up. With what we’re talking about I think the computer is heavily correcting or allowing for performance aspects.
Would the ecu some how create best timing in the parameters I have it set at? With my little timing it’s ran better than ever mostly.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Would the ecu some how create best timing in the parameters I have it set at? With my little timing it’s ran better than ever mostly.

Detonation can be very bad yes . Instead of second guessing everything everyone says and arguing just replace the balancer or stop asking for help and recommendations.

Like I said the cars probably detonating under load and you can’t even tell . Based off all your posts you’re not very knowledgeable about cars . So just take the advice and replace the balancer with a stock replacement 50 oz balancer and set the timing . I’m done replying and arguing with someone who doesn’t want help .

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Detonation can be very bad yes . Instead of second guessing everything everyone says and arguing just replace the balancer or stop asking for help and recommendations.

Like I said the cars probably detonating under load and you can’t even tell . Based off all your posts you’re not very knowledgeable about cars . So just take the advice and replace the balancer with a stock replacement 50 oz balancer and set the timing . I’m done replying and arguing with someone who doesn’t want help .
50 oz
Thanks.
Most people want to cut the cats off my convertible GT. Paint the engine orange and red. And put a mega squirt in it.
So don’t be put off by my observations of a perfectly running vehicle. I appreciate your post

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i have been doing mechanics for many years .
if it isn't broken don't fix it first thing i learned.
start with the easiest or obvious problems first that might fix you problems.
and take some advice from people who experience these problems.

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say I’m not knowledgeable.
Behind this picture was a bedroll where I slept In The Store. For an entire childhood and more.
I think today I’ve learned don’t ask for what 10 min of your own thinking will show you. Especially of strangers. For the most part.
Today I watched my balancer at all angles. During crank, free rev, and load.
It makes no obvious sign of failure except in very. Very specific driving conditions. Where it ever so slightly affects performance. It’s not rummaging around and affecting my timing light. I just can’t see it with the block of a gun I have. The car purs and aside from me wanting to see those marks it is not possible to better time this car. It’s better than ford did it. With the Gasoline I have.
But yall helped me see an issue I’ve noticed in those so slight and specific performance conditions. and I’ve learned something. I don’t Aim to be the askhole.
We do our own work on everything on our property and I’ve never touched or been concerned with a harmonic balancer even enough for a good look while I’m there. My grandfather put this car up for me. I imagine it’s hard for a performance engine to see the end of a harmonic balancer. It was protected mostly. There is only rust on certain parts because it was near the limestone of the Whitfield Canal. Not a speck anywhere else. I’ve only saw the end of one performance engine and it was that old Pontiac with my learners permit. That Pontiac was owned before The Bandit in movie. Bought out of Selma Alabama before the town fell. That town held on to good things of this country. For about a decade and a half.

I appreciate all conversations and I believe that’s what I’m here for.
I really do.
I took a picture of my timing marks and someone noticed something I couldn’t have known of that doesn’t seem to be affecting the cars timing. But is a performance issue slightly. Under the right conditions I’ve noticed. And didn’t know what it was. That’s for certain. And it has gotten worse. I’m aiming a Cinder Block with a bulb in it. But I have timing perfected. I just can’t Read it. Couldn’t see it. There is a lot of “sn95s” out there better off crushed. I love mine more than anything. My car is no old beater.
I hold on to these kind of things.
There’s no intent it’s just me.
I don’t Aim to make you wrong
I promise you can’t woop me but that’s for another forum.
I love y’all good fellows.
I appreciate everything
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
And now you hear,
Bandit your Reckless and you Much To Hard ..
I love you good fellows.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Listen to what these guys are telling you. RAU, Musturd etc…. these guys are no joke. They know their stuff. I’ve learned a TON from everyone here. So if they tell you you need a new balancer and whatever else…. Then get it!

Even I (a novice at one time like yourself now) know how critical the balancer is: it basically keeps the bottom end of your motor from destroying itself ( crank, pistons, rods, etc). And I know this because I listened to these guys. They’re trying to save your ass, son!

P.S.- we don’t need to see pictures of your room! That’s just weird.

Last edited:

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
50 oz
Thanks.
Most people want to cut the cats off my convertible GT. Paint the engine orange and red. And put a mega squirt in it.
So don’t be put off by my observations of a perfectly running vehicle. I appreciate your post
Interesting sidebar: cutting off cats and painting the motor. Oh yeah, and the “perfectly running car”. If it were, why start a thread asking about it and then retort all the advice given? Something’s not right upstairs I suspect.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your timing isn’t perfect or the car would run with the spout unplugged.

You have no idea what your timing is because you can’t read the timing marks because your balancer has spun because the rubber is clearly coming out of it in the picture you posted of it.

The problems the motor might be having have nothing to do with the failed balancer and everything to do with the timing being off.

The guys on this forum are SN95 hardcore through and through. I’ve been here since I was 17 and I’ll be 33 this year and I’ve only went maybe 6 months without a 94/95 car since I joined. We know these cars. We are telling you the steps to take to fix the exact problems you’re having and you’re spending more time arguing because your parents worked in auto parts. I’ve got a decade in auto parts and know firsthand that most parts people don’t know how to work on cars. That’s ok- that’s why you’re here asking and that’s why we are trying to help.

You’re more than welcome to ignore our help, continue posting weird questions in different sections of the forums like we can’t see them all, but just be prepared to get flamed. We want to help but we are all massive assholes right below the surface.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
dude I don’t know how to be any more fucking clear . This picture shows mega signs of the harmonic balancer failing . I don’t care if you don’t see it wobbling . You can’t even verify the timing is spot on. You go on rambling about how you believe it’s ok. When you have 5 people saying it’s not ok. I clearly circled the picture so you can see what’s failing. Instead of second guessing people that have been working on these cars for 20 years or more maybe just take the advice and swap the balancer . Instead you’re going to write another paragraph saying you believe it’s still good . IMG_4591.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online