New clutch and fly wheel and other parts ????

9394stang

Reaction score
Ordering a Mc-Cloud rxt twin disk rated for 800 hp.
And there fly wheel with ARP bolts.

Any bad feed back on this ? Set up ?
Ford throw out bering?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes 100 percent do not buy that combo for your setup . Unless you gotta aftermarket trans . I run the street extreme 700hp rated single disc and make well over 500hp . That twin disc is super aggressive and you’ll be breaking stuff if you don’t have the power for it .

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
You can instead go with the RST setup. I ran the RXT for about a year or so and loved it personally (after it was broken in of course). Combo was a Coyote swap with a T-56 Mag. Every component in the drivetrain can handle up to 800hp so I was fine, but yea the RXT has discs with friction material that is pretty grabby and only one of the discs has cushioning springs so it will jerk you around in the city, especially during break in. But I'll tell ya, once you get to the point of shifting at 5k rpm and higher, the RXT sings. It's beautiful, really.

But if it's not a dedicated track/race car, get the RST as it has both discs sprung and I think less aggressive surface material.

OP
OP

9394stang

Reaction score
Great thank for the information ya that makes sense let the clutch be the shock.
Ya it's just a stock 94 trans for now once the car is near done and if the trans starts to go I will put in a better one.

So Maybe for now I'm better of going with this one.
what fly wheel whould.you guys use with this one then ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240517_072453_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240517_072453_Chrome.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240517_072508_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240517_072508_Chrome.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP

9394stang

Reaction score
I'm also going to replace the clutch cabel.as well any suggestions on what one installs well and works good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240517_080556_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240517_080556_Chrome.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 3

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Don't forget the cranshaft pilot bearing.

For the cable, OEM or the OEM modified by Maximum Motorsports work best. Now, I haven't been on a cable setup in a long time but from what I remember when the car was I knew to stay away from all aftermarket brands except for MM. Things may've changed since. If you're getting an aftermarket quadrant, which is always a good idea, also get a firewall adjuster screw. Any of them will do fine.

That clutch you're thinking about will have increase pedal effort, just so you know. You're still better off going twin disc in my opinion if you can afford it. But really if your trans might be changing in the future and the input shaft spline count increases, then just hold off on buying an expensive clutch package and save it for when complimenting a better trans. It's much better that way.

OP
OP

9394stang

Reaction score
Thank you for the the great feedback.
The trans will eventually get swaped out .
I have never driven the car i bought it and it was something simple but turned into the motor was shot seller lied.

So I figure the trans might be junk or work for a bit but it will get updated love to put a 6 speed in it.
Also thanks for the tip on the crank shaft pilot bering.

I believe your correct on that maximum motorsport cabel .
But ya maybe something has changed and others will chime in on this.

joemomma

Reaction score
The MM kit is on backorder, and has been for over a year. They can't get the cable portion of the kit. The Steeda kit is available (quadrant, cable, firewall adjuster). I've got one sitting in the box waiting to go on.

OP
OP

9394stang

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on that.
I'm guessing the steeda one is the next best thing than !!

joemomma

Reaction score
Yeah it is what was recommended here when I was searching.

OP
OP

9394stang

Reaction score
Is there any preference on the Transmission mount Red vs Black one ? Any feed back on these .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240517_155139_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240517_155139_Chrome.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 5

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Black is usually old school rubber which is great for a quiet ride on the street. If the site says it's polyurethane, it just means it's silicone impregnated which isn't necessary for a crossmember mount; but it's a good thing to have for suspension bushings because the silicone acts as a lubricant and keeps bushings from potentially binding up under movement.

Red is definitely poly but without the silicone.

IMO, poly is the way to go. It's not much noisier or more harsh than rubber.

OP
OP

9394stang

Reaction score
Seen this on sale I have not pulled diff cover on mine not even sure what gears are in the car never driven the car.

Anyways seems like a nice cover for the money a bit more strength and ease of fluid change any one have any input on these ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240518_092122_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240518_092122_Chrome.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 5

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would run the brass pilot bushing the McLeod clutch comes with over the garbage needle pilot bearings .

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Don't forget the cranshaft pilot bearing.

For the cable, OEM or the OEM modified by Maximum Motorsports work best. Now, I haven't been on a cable setup in a long time but from what I remember when the car was I knew to stay away from all aftermarket brands except for MM. Things may've changed since. If you're getting an aftermarket quadrant, which is always a good idea, also get a firewall adjuster screw. Any of them will do fine.

That clutch you're thinking about will have increase pedal effort, just so you know. You're still better off going twin disc in my opinion if you can afford it. But really if your trans might be changing in the future and the input shaft spline count increases, then just hold off on buying an expensive clutch package and save it for when complimenting a better trans. It's much better that way.

No it doesn’t just so you know it’s Light as stock . Or even lighter . I’ve got one in my car .

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
The MM kit is on backorder, and has been for over a year. They can't get the cable portion of the kit. The Steeda kit is available (quadrant, cable, firewall adjuster). I've got one sitting in the box waiting to go on.
Can’t go wrong with the steeda one either .

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Considering a gear lube change need only occur every 60 - 80k miles, I wouldn't spend the money on a reinforced cover unless you need it for serious drag strip duty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FHCee

Members online