o/r x pipe dilemma

sn95 bullitt

Reaction score
so my x pipe has two cats on it right now. one is some what good and the other one is blown. should i just cut them out completely or just hollow the cats out? I bought a used 6 catted h pipe so i can pass California smog.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Eww California emission testing. Do they look under the car? Do they put the car on rollers? If they do i wonder if 2 different cats will fail in CA. Can you even run to different brand cats because i know you can get a hi flow off ebay for cheap and have it welded on.

Edit: i didn't see you have a stock catted for testing.
}

It depends on if you wanna smell the exhaust. If not get the hi flow welded on. If you dont care get gut them sobs!

Also its going to be loud :/

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
My 347 stroker fox passed with fake cats and off road h pipe . My sn does the same.

OP
OP
sn95 bullitt

sn95 bullitt

Reaction score
Fumes?
And is cally anything like Canada where they have emission police that pull you over and test your car on the highway/road.

They will check visual but i dont belive they will put you car on a roller and do the sniffer. Fumes? People run O/R X & H's all the time in California.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
They will check visual but i dont belive they will put you car on a roller and do the sniffer. Fumes? People run O/R X & H's all the time in California.

if they do visual then ya just GUT them puppies and enjoy how a v8 mustang should sound hah.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
I did the whole O/R pipe every day except emissions day once every 2 years for a long time with my old SN95. I know in Cali if the popo nail you on the highway the fines can be massive. Honestly I would just get a nice high flow catted pipe and swap out to the stocker for emissions day. With good high flow cats you aren't really losing any power unless you are in the 400+ range and even then... I have a catted pipe right now, I won't when the turbo goes on but I will have dummy cats. Beauty of having an OBDII car in a state that does not sniffer anything after 1995 is that as long as you aren't throwing any codes you could be epic failing as far as actual fumes go but they don't care as long as it looks like you have cats and the computron says you are good. Emissions is ****ing stupid anyway. In the US, livestock make a bazillion times more emissions than all the cars in the country do but we aren't shoving a bunch of converters up any cows' asses anytime soon...

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I priced it out and it's gonna cost me about as much as I paid for the car, to get it back on the road, and have all the goodies I want on it lol. I have no plans on selling.

The converter up cow's asses made me LOL haha that was good man.

SN man up and mod that thing! ;)

OP
OP
sn95 bullitt

sn95 bullitt

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I priced it out and it's gonna cost me about as much as I paid for the car, to get it back on the road, and have all the goodies I want on it lol. I have no plans on selling.

The converter up cow's asses made me LOL haha that was good man.

SN man up and mod that thing! ;)

If i am going to mod a stang its going to be a new edge. Lol

Cows need cats. Lol

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I dunno man you've got a SOLID start imo on your SN. New Edge's are great don't get me wrong, but it's just an SN with a different look lol. Man I drive past a sickkk black 94 Cobra everyday to and from work, guy's sellin it for $4500.. I freakin love it. I'd trade mine in a second for it, even tho technically based off bluebook mine is worth more. And I never even liked SN's!! I thought they were some of the ugliest Mustang's ever made! .....Then I joined this forum lol

And yes, cow fart is some DEADLY shit, no pun intended hahaha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online