Problem Possibly Solved?????

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Well today I have off so I figure **** it I'm gonna jack it up and see whats what under there. I start by spinning just the wheels and I notice that everything feels as it should..... I then moved to spinning the driveshaft by the trans... No sounds..... Then moved to the rear end of the driveshaft... STILL NOTHING. So I turn the car on and leave it in first. Get out, and I can hear the scratchy sound that I was trying to describe in a previous thread. It's coming from the damned passenger rear caliper! I think the hardware just needs to be replaced on it, it has that kind of scratchy sound to it.

Through all of that I could feel the clunking inside the car, but couldn't hear it outside the car. I had my arm resting inside the car while I was looking underneath in the transmission area, and that's how I could feel it, but couldn't hear it. So I said **** this and take it out for a spin. Now with a breath of confidence I knew the scratchy sound was just the brakes and after driving it it totally made sense. While slowing down tho, towards almost dead stop, I could hear the clunking again. For the most part tho, it clunks at the same time it scratches. So my question is..... Could it be my brakes clunking?????

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FHCee

Members online