Re-dynoed after IMRC deletes

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
went to a dyno day and show. got the car re-dynoed for the first time since i did my delete plates.

made 255rwhp and 279rwtq. picked up 47rwhp and 22rwtq since before the deletes. same dyno as last time but it was hotter today and very humid. it is also untuned for the deletes, so i will gain a decent amount from a tune as well.

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0344.jpg

IMAG0345.jpg

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Nice dude. I still want to do the delete/short runner setup/tune on mine eventually. B head cars have a lot of potential with just messing with the intake. Once thats done, a little spray or boost and it's a rocket. Till it explodes that is, like most 4.6s lol.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Good job man nice to see that thing make some power finally...

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Because the timing doesnt advance to make up for no IMRCs...all in the tune lol.

Too bad me and kc didnt get to hop on the dyno :(

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
my 2v still makes more. much better though on the pick up.

And I'm pretty sure my 4valve makes more than your 2v... :p

I'm also pretty sure he didn't come here to brag and he wasn't trying to once again start up the ever famous 2v's >4v's or 4v's > 2v's. He just came on to show the improvement from when his car had bad irmc's... Cool beans Ryan! Hey I have an unlocked SCT. We can always upload a tune for you :)

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
^ That needs to happen.

And no he wasn't bragging, it was solely to show the improvement. Mister Jolly was excited ;p

MadStang

Reaction score
Good stuff Ryan glad you got it fixed. Those numbers still seem a bit low for the mods that you have done even if it's untuned. Are there any other problems you know about?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the guy said there was a lot of vibration coming from the rear end so he didn't want to push it much.

whitey

Reaction score
yea thats what he said bout the rear end... to bad ryan had to be the last one.... i so wanted to go!

MadStang

Reaction score
If I remember correctly the guy said there was a lot of vibration coming from the rear end so he didn't want to push it much.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. WOT on the dyno is WOT. what I am noticing is the lack of smoothness above 4k rpms, either that's the lack tuning for the imrc deletes or a spark issue like the coils cutting out.

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. WOT on the dyno is WOT. what I am noticing is the lack of smoothness above 4k rpms, either that's the lack tuning for the imrc deletes or a spark issue like the coils cutting out.

I was thinking a spark issue myself! Ryan, have you thought of doing the c.o.p. swap? I noticed a nicer and much smoother sounding idle...

OP
OP
atlanticblue98

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
not really interested in COP's, coil packs should be able to support way more than my bolt on car. i have a spare set of coils too.

i believe alot will be gained back from a tune. from the looks of my graph; if that dip wasnt there, and was smoother, it looks like it would hit about 270hp and it would keep some more torque up top. i can live with that.

im quite content with knowing how much i gained back from the deletes, which were essentially free.

the car is not quite "there" yet, but it's on the right track, which is what i wanted to confirm on the dyno

here is the video of the dyno, G36monkey felt like being a dillhole and shoving his freaking hand in front of my phone (which doesnt pick up audio for shit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eahs96WD_7M

mustangspartan

Reaction score
Since you doing some little things here anyone seen the MMR Intake Spacer for 96-98 Cobra?
Just curious if that works for the 4.6. Always want to get on but the money is a factory in the mods :(

silverv6

Reaction score
Because the timing doesnt advance to make up for no IMRCs...all in the tune lol.

Too bad me and kc didnt get to hop on the dyno :(

I know =[ i wouldve liked to see what yours made along with his and as crazy as it sounds i wouldve liked to dyno mine to have a sheet and starting point before the build.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FHCee

Members online