S650 Mustang Coming Soon!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't say I like the interior all that well, outside is ok. Any idea what the power will be? Not sure if I would go with the current model year or wait for this one. It is fun to have the newest model.

Venompower

Reaction score
Did anybody else get awkward vibes when it was revealed, like the crowd was almost like... "so that's it?"

Venompower

Reaction score
Played around with the back end on Procreate and think this addresses one of my concerns which is the tail lights seem really small proportionally to the rest of the rear.

AB082594-B021-4C87-8C66-0C1441880062.jpeg

Original:
1B20F957-C7B9-4D8B-907E-054ECC501877.jpeg
Edit:
5B76EB40-ACE3-42AF-8603-C750449D754E.jpeg

Venompower

Reaction score
back in 2004 when they released the 05 mustang design I got to watch a livestream of it in phoenix and we had the same reaction honestly.
The 05' reveal was at least a big change from the previous design language, proportions, chassis... this presentation felt like a "meeting that could have been an e-mail" lol.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The 05' reveal was at least a big change from the previous design language, proportions, chassis... this presentation felt like a "meeting that could have been an e-mail" lol.
Well yes and no for us. Ford has its proving grounds outside of phoenix so we had actually been seeing them around town in cray cray paint jobs for years.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
41A09981-8F5E-4E3C-AEA5-2DC3FC6A8BD1.jpeg

Shiitttt!! Sign me up!!!

No one liked the SN95..

People groaned when the New Edge dropped..

The S197 was a instant hit with the boomer generation but plenty of people dismissed it as “ho-hum”…

Even the S550 was polarizing when it was released…

My point? Like it or not, she’s here to stay.

Venompower

Reaction score
View attachment 20176

Shiitttt!! Sign me up!!!

No one liked the SN95..

People groaned when the New Edge dropped..

The S197 was a instant hit with the boomer generation but plenty of people dismissed it as “ho-hum”…

Even the S550 was polarizing when it was released…

My point? Like it or not, she’s here to stay.
Dark Horse needs a new design for the badge… but I’ll take the Tremec and GT500 forged rods and pistons from the factory! This is basically what I said they should have done for Mach 1. If it’s not going to be a unique powertrain, then forge the whole thing and make it ready for boost from the factory!

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
It seems to me every new generation of Stang grows on me. Like at first I'm not really into it then a year or two goes by and I actually think about picking one up. That I already don't mind the exterior says something to me, with all that said. I do like the exterior, but the interior is another thing entirely. I do not like it both ergonomically and aesthetically. The giant-ass touchscreen trend is a turn off for me, especially in this case because I saw some walkthrough vids online and the A/C controls are accessed through the touchscreen (ok, even though they are pinned to the bottom like a Windows desktop taskbar). Just not a fan of A/C controls that are not real and tactile. And I do miss the twin cockpit of the Mustang that we've had for so long. Overall I'ma pass on it.

FWIW, a Ford official is on record saying we can expect a minimum of 500hp from the GT.

b1pig

Reaction score
Exterior rates about a 6 out of 10 for me. Interior is so low, it doesnt even register at a 1. Not a fan. The interior is where we spend our time. Exterior is what others see as we pass by.

Comparing the references to generations prior as they came out...
As a person who has almost always gravitated to the unusual/unpopular sort of vehicle, (and harboring a deep love of the Fox Body) I thought the SN95 was a good looking car when it hit the streets. I felt that the leather interior belonged on my grand father's recliner, but the cloth seats looked pretty sporty in comparison. Oddly enough the one I managed to stumble into owning has the cloth interior. :)
The New Edge only felt like a natural progression AWAY from the bulbous/round shapes that Ford had embraced through the early 90s on everything. I liked the New Edge for being different. When the S197 came along, I liked it. Didn't care much for the back of it, but the rest of it seemed nice. When I got a chance to drive a 2017, it renewed an interest in these cars that had fallen into a dark corner of my mind. Getting some wheel time in a 2021 most certainly sparked a higher interest while doing some electronic install work in the car. This new version. I think it is the first Mustang in years that I don't care for. At all. I would have been happy to have ANY version of the Mustang in my driveway up till now. I'm not sure it will ever grow on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online