V6 dual exhaust options

OP
OP
carbuff

carbuff

Reaction score
Finally its installed. The verdict? Now, not only does my car look like crap, but it sounds like it too. LOL! J/K, well It does look like crap. It has a nice sound to it, but there is that certain rpm that it sounds like a 4 banger with a fart can muffler. The sound type seems to change with the rpm if you know what I mean. Sometimes it really accentuates the auto tranny shifting into gear. Like it will go from rasp to drone when it kicks into overdrive, that sort of thing. So, Im somewhat satisfied with the sound. But I did discover that my single exhaust was on its last legs as the front pipe was rotating inside the muffler so it was going to need replacement anyway. So for $135 I couldnt really lose. I like the 2 chrome tips, just gotta lower one of them a bit with a shim under the mount. That extra half inch of pipe diameter sure does make it a tight fit going over the rear axle. Very little clearance from the frame rail on one side and the UCA on the other. It seems like a very well made system. Of course today is shit weather. I will have to wait a couple of days to take it out for a more extensive test drive. Now to put those GT badges on my fenders to fool everyone. Ha! Foglights, check. Dual exhaust, check. GT fender badges, check. Rear swaybar, check. Im an idiot, check. Aside from the motor and rear bumper cover, what else is there? LOL!

Edit: I just threw out the box and it had a manufacture date of 2003 on it. LOL!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I highly recommend not doing GT badges and stuff. It's a good way to upset a lot of people, and without the power to back it up, it's pretty lame. No offense.

Look at my car, no where does it say GT on it, nor does it say mustang anywhere for that matter lol.

I agree with doing the rear bumper, side scoops and hood scoop though. They all should have come from the factory like that IMO

OP
OP
carbuff

carbuff

Reaction score
I highly recommend not doing GT badges and stuff. It's a good way to upset a lot of people, and without the power to back it up, it's pretty lame. No offense.

Look at my car, no where does it say GT on it, nor does it say mustang anywhere for that matter lol.

I agree with doing the rear bumper, side scoops and hood scoop though. They all should have come from the factory like that IMO

Ha! No offense taken. I realize that its kinda lame. And its a 98 so there are no side scoops or hood scoops. The only differences in 98, aside from mechanics, were the fender badges, the word gt on the rear bumper, the foglights, GT rims, and the lack of 1 tailpipe. Besides, I see fake cobras and saleens all the time. I hope a fake lowly gt wont bother anyone. Its just a hobby weekend type car.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I thought you had a new edge, my apologies.

I would still avoid it, and this is coming from a V6 guy lol.