What all can I do to update the interior and make it more classy?

White Pony

Reaction score
I have a 1994 GT that I'm fixing up to be a nice resto mod. I want to update the interior to a large degree. But what all should I do? I'm thinking I'll move the AC controls down to the very bottom, and place a modern screen where the AC controls and radio used to be. This will require a custom bezel and some metal fab, but those things really aren't a problem for me. I'll have fun doing that project.

What else can I do to bring the interior to the modern era? Would it be possible to use some nicer gauges from a newer car? The SN-95 gauges look very "90's". I really like the way the gauges look in the newer Lincolns. But can I make them fit?

I'm also going to install the best sound deadening, and the highest quality carpet that isn't too thick. What are some other mods that the interior would help to update the interior? Thank you!

White Pony

Reaction score
I think the all dark charcoal interior in my 2000 coupe makes it look like a cheap econo box. So I painted the center dash bezel silver like the interior upgrade package, added white face gauges, a padded leather steering wheel cover with white stitching and embroidered white and silver running ponies on the headrests. To me it's just enough to relive all that gray.

Attachments

• Dash current.jpg
    Dash current.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 11 Headrest 3 finished.jpg
    11 Headrest 3 finished.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213