What other car would you choose?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wide Suspension, 6 pieces.

Pretty sure the Z28 and WS6 were pretty much identical, engine wise.
Huh. Wide suspension 6 pieces. That’s as disappointing as the SN95 meaning!
Wish I had known about the engines. Might’ve had some fun toying with one or two :)

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, can't get away from mustangs. I would give anything to have my 96 mystic back again just as I sold it in 2010. Loved that damn car!!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I really like the new Civic Type-R. The only thing that realistically prevents me from trading in my Infiniti G37S Sedan right now for the Civic is the 20k mark-up that every dealer wants on these things. At 44k they are actually an outstanding car, but nearly 70k after mark-up and tax is a bit steep for a Civic, no matter how special it is. Integra Type-S is also nice, a grown-up version of Type-R, but same story, huge mark-up, still around 70k after tax and fees.

Realistically, I would love a CPO MDX Type-S in a couple of years. We've got 3 kids, I need something that's nice and a 3 row. My wife already has a 2018 MDX Tech, which we love, so I can see myself getting one too, since I've been an Acura fan for ages now.

-104-1654539608.jpg?crop=0.531xw:0.399xh;0.199xw,0.jpg

joemomma

Reaction score
Had a '90 Legend coupe. Fantastic automobile, way ahead of it's time.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I've had a couple of Acuras so far, loved them all. 2005 TSX was my daily driver when I decided to build the motor on the Mustang, and 2012 TSX Wagon was my wife's car, which we also loved. We only traded it in because we couldn't do 3 child seats in one row. Now my wife has the 2018 MDX Tech, and it's been great. I couldn't leave it alone of course, I immediately installed factory rubber floor mats, parking sensors (only the top level trim would get those in 2018) and running boards, which made it so much easier for kids to get in and out.
t44C0efy1aTn0v4m--BYDB=w1920-h1080-s-no?authuser=0.jpg
I6JZhU5N4k9hXmjBeMBE_uF=w1920-h933-s-no?authuser=0.jpg
1688661019642.png

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I really like the new Civic Type-R. The only thing that realistically prevents me from trading in my Infiniti G37S Sedan right now for the Civic is the 20k mark-up that every dealer wants on these things. At 44k they are actually an outstanding car, but nearly 70k after mark-up and tax is a bit steep for a Civic, no matter how special it is. Integra Type-S is also nice, a grown-up version of Type-R, but same story, huge mark-up, still around 70k after tax and fees.

Realistically, I would love a CPO MDX Type-S in a couple of years. We've got 3 kids, I need something that's nice and a 3 row. My wife already has a 2018 MDX Tech, which we love, so I can see myself getting one too, since I've been an Acura fan for ages now.

View attachment 26840
part of me does not want to admit that I have found myself admiring the newer type R but I have.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Honda isn’t American!

Also, for all you guys that say you want a corvette, I hope you never have to work on one. We work on a lot of vettes, 1964 all the way up through the C7 years. Haven’t done a C8 yet. But any vette from C4 to present is a pain in the butt.

And the 6th gen Camaros are nothing but problems. Direct injection issues, cam failures, water intrusion issues shorting out electrical stuff, not to mention the blind spots.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Acura is built in United States, and is for sale primarily in United States. It's more American than some American cars that built either in Canada or Mexico

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The verdict is in: I’ll allow it.

Snorky

Reaction score
I would probably get a hellcat challenger widebody. I would even settle for a scatpack and stab a fat cam in it...

That or the gt350.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If money's no object and I'm limited to just American cars...

05/06 Ford GT

2nd Gen Viper GTS or a late model ACR

Can we count the DeTomaso Pantera? Ford Power at least...

Challenger/Charger/Hellcats don't really do much for me. I had my fun in Vettes with the procharged C5 I have. I'd take a ATS-V over a Camaro any day. I would 110% be open to a RCSB F1fiddy.

95opal

Reaction score
I was building G-bodies before i jumped into the mustang game. The GNX and olds 442 cars were a couple of my personal favorites before my first ride in a brand new 88 gt. The following year I bought my first mustang an 85 gt and from that day on its been straight up mustangs.

Attachments

• 288540.jpg
    288540.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 4

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
C7 zo6 , zl1 camaro 1LE , 2018 dodge viper acr . C6 corvette base or grand sport with boost . CTS-V wagon 6 speed just to name a few .

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was building G-bodies before i jumped into the mustang game. The GNX and olds 442 cars were a couple of my personal favorites before my first ride in a brand new 88 gt. The following year I bought my first mustang an 85 gt and from that day on its been straight up mustangs.
I was a g body guy before mustangs too

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Honda isn’t American!

Also, for all you guys that say you want a corvette, I hope you never have to work on one. We work on a lot of vettes, 1964 all the way up through the C7 years. Haven’t done a C8 yet. But any vette from C4 to present is a pain in the butt.

And the 6th gen Camaros are nothing but problems. Direct injection issues, cam failures, water intrusion issues shorting out electrical stuff, not to mention the blind spots.
C5-c7 ain’t that bad to work on I’ve installed lots of headers , supercharger kits etc on them .

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
C5-c7 ain’t that bad to work on I’ve installed lots of headers , supercharger kits etc on them .
Man, I’ve got to disagree. Fuel pumps or torque converters require pulling the whole rear transaxle. Or changing a freakin harmonic balancer, you’ve got to pull the engine cradle down and remove the steering rack.

No thanks, I’ll work on mustangs.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
On a hoist it’s all easy . Of course it’s much more of a pain in the ass than a sbf powered mustang . Fuck if we wanna talk lazy and easy to work on my 67 nova and square bodies take the cake everything else is just too hard .

ctandc

Reaction score
It's all relative. The other day a co worker asked for help with his wife's 'play toy' she bought (Pontiac Solstice ragtop). Look up a battery replacement on that thing. I was laughing as I walked him through what he had to take off. I challenged him to take it to Advance and see if the 'free battery install w/ purchase' applied.

ctandc

Reaction score
I've had quite a few of the cars I always wanted that I could actually afford. Trouble was someone always wanted it more than I wanted to keep it - so they got sold. Quite a few years ago I ran across a demo Pontiac GXP G8 with 3 pedals. Got it for a good deal - manual cars can be a hard sale for dealers that don't do a lot of online ads etc. That car was super fun to drive. Maybe a week into ownership, was putting gas in it and a guy gassing up all his equipment (landscaping business) asked if it was for sale. It still had temp tags on it LOL. I laughed and said "make an offer." He did. I figured he wasn't serious. He was. Explaining to my loan officer at my credit union how / why I sold a car BEFORE I'd even made a payment was amusing.

Sometimes the vehicles I've always wanted - just weren't as good as I thought they'd be once I'd lived with them a while.

Some of them were GREAT cars but just a pain in the ass to drive regularly. I like to drive my cars / trucks...the ones that run anyway. A good friend always wanted a 911. He finally got one. It didn't last 6 months. He sold it and bought a Scat Pack Challenger. Different strokes for different folks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online