White95’s ‘23 F-150 “Abominable”

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Ever since I decided to move forward with buying this truck, I’ve been researching them. While reading up on lowering them, I had come across several guys who suffered dented oil pans from sway bar bind.

IMG_6321.jpegIMG_6319.jpegIMG_6322.png

That last comment about needing shorter sway bar end links is in correct. We in fact need longer end links. Asked a buddy to send me this picture to confirm my suspicion. You can clearly the sway bar is now at a higher angle and that’s the cause of the problem. If you go back to the first picture, you can see the bar is rolled towards the engine. Clearly, longer end links are needed.

IMG_6323.jpeg

So, one of the first things I’m going to do after finally lowering this pig is to measure for proper end links. I’ll reach out to a few vendors and have a few made. Might even have a marketable item.

Happy Easter!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ever since I decided to move forward with buying this truck, I’ve been researching them. While reading up on lowering them, I had come across several guys who suffered dented oil pans from sway bar bind.

View attachment 33885View attachment 33886View attachment 33888

That last comment about needing shorter sway bar end links is in correct. We in fact need longer end links. Asked a buddy to send me this picture to confirm my suspicion. You can clearly the sway bar is now at a higher angle and that’s the cause of the problem. If you go back to the first picture, you can see the bar is rolled towards the engine. Clearly, longer end links are needed.

View attachment 33889

So, one of the first things I’m going to do after finally lowering this pig is to measure for proper end links. I’ll reach out to a few vendors and have a few made. Might even have a marketable item.

Happy Easter!
Never seems to go smoothly with a new year vehicle… until someone starts manufacturing a kit that remedies it
;-). ;-), nudge nudge!
Would less of a drop prevent this, like maybe a 2” or 1 1/2” drop? You could do a 2”/4” drop and it would still look Sleeper Sinister!

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Never seems to go smoothly with a new year vehicle… until someone starts manufacturing a kit that remedies it
;-). ;-), nudge nudge!
Would less of a drop prevent this, like maybe a 2” or 1 1/2” drop? You could do a 2”/4” drop and it would still look Sleeper Sinister!

I won’t be satisfied unless it’s right and I have enough connections in the race community to make it happen.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I won’t be satisfied unless it’s right and I have enough connections in the race community to make it happen.
Alright then… giterdun!

Afterthought: so no way to lengthen the existing OE end links? Or a rear sump oil pan?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Slap on those bigger wheels/tires and you just might be close! ;-)

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Sure is alot of buttons on it.

Only one extra button on the new tiller compared to the rubber stock wheel. It’s for the adaptive cruise control that I will be adding modules and cameras for at a later date. Oh, as a bonus, the new wheel is also heated! When I update to the larger screen radio, it will become functional.

IMG_0787.jpeg

joemomma

Reaction score
Been a minute since I've been a regular on the F150forums....what all is involved in getting the larger touchscreen working? FORSCAN changes or just plug and go?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Only one extra button on the new tiller compared to the rubber stock wheel. It’s for the adaptive cruise control that I will be adding modules and cameras for at a later date. Oh, as a bonus, the new wheel is also heated! When I update to the larger screen radio, it will become functional.

View attachment 34013
Adaptive cruise control is amazing . Love that feature

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Adaptive cruise control is amazing . Love that feature
I’m constantly using my cruise control. It’s not “adaptive”, but I use the Resume a lot and setting the CC helps with mpg. Besides, too many idiot drivers in SoCal for me to trust adaptive (and especially autonomous like Tesla) CC.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I’m constantly using my cruise control. It’s not “adaptive”, but I use the Resume a lot and setting the CC helps with mpg. Besides, too many idiot drivers in SoCal for me to trust adaptive (and especially autonomous like Tesla) CC.

The adaptive on the fords is really good . The truck will come to a stop on its own you can also set the following distance

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Install was extremely straight forward, thank you YouTube.

IMG_6502.jpeg

However, the buttons on left didn’t work so I switched them out for the XL stuff. I’m not totally sure if I’m going to keep the trim or swap to the Lariat trim.

IMG_6503.jpeg

Made the decision to switch the shackles for a different set because they were not 2” after all.

IMG_6505.jpeg

Let’s see. Figured out my truck is a flame thrower. :rolleyes: Fixed that and put the tail pipe back on.

IMG_6513.jpeg

It blends right in.

IMG_6536.jpeg

Added a set of rear wheel well liners and a rear emblem overlay.

IMG_6538.jpeg

IMG_6528.jpeg

IMG_6529.jpeg

This is another project I’ve been collecting stuff to install. My “Mighty Mouse” catch can which is total overkill but will work well with forced induction later.

IMG_6531.jpeg

More to come.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Install was extremely straight forward, thank you YouTube.

View attachment 34036

However, the buttons on left didn’t work so I switched them out for the XL stuff. I’m not totally sure if I’m going to keep the trim or swap to the Lariat trim.

View attachment 34037

Made the decision to switch the shackles for a different set because they were not 2” after all.

View attachment 34033

Let’s see. Figured out my truck is a flame thrower. :rolleyes: Fixed that and put the tail pipe back on.

View attachment 34034

It blends right in.

View attachment 34029

Added a set of rear wheel well liners and a rear emblem overlay.

View attachment 34035

View attachment 34031

View attachment 34032

This is another project I’ve been collecting stuff to install. My “Mighty Mouse” catch can which is total overkill but will work well with forced induction later.

View attachment 34030

More to come.
Damn, son!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online