9838stang's Money Pit Pony

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Yea that happens to me.... Thinking of switching my whole account to something else....

Pics are back up. I use it to, I think all of photobuck crashed for a little while tonight. Almost every photobucket photo was invalid everywhere.

Nice! Tires look great and so does the puddle lights! Great idea to wire them into the dome light. What is the SMD output on your rear taillight bulbs? Looks good! Also, congrats on the job switch and good luck.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Pics are back up. I use it to, I think all of photobuck crashed for a little while tonight. Almost every photobucket photo was invalid everywhere.

Nice! Tires look great and so does the puddle lights! Great idea to wire them into the dome light. What is the SMD output on your rear taillight bulbs? Looks good! Also, congrats on the job switch and good luck.

Thanks man! I got the idea from someone on here about how to wire them up.

Not sure what you mean by smd output.... the rear taillights are normal 3157 taillight bulbs.

Im excited to do this switch. although, i really wanna stay in the networking field... but we shall see what happens when i finish school.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Congrats on getting out of the bike shop. I have been in the bike industry for 30 years and unless you really love to ride it sucks... Do you have isolators on your springs?

I am currently not running any up front. I am thinking of putting the tops back in when i install the side exhaust skirts on the car.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Thanks man! I got the idea from someone on here about how to wire them up.

Not sure what you mean by smd output.... the rear taillights are normal 3157 taillight bulbs.

Im excited to do this switch. although, i really wanna stay in the networking field... but we shall see what happens when i finish school.

Ahhh, when you said you did the LED swap i assumed all bulbs were changed, tail lights included. Was wondering what the number of leds per bulb was if so.

I bet, a switch like that is always exciting. Good luck Allen!

Reaction score
Allen, that new GT looks sick! you should try to get a 99 01 cobra front bumper for it! i know theyre hard to come by, but it will look so sick. that or either the roush stage 3 front bumper. that one is pretty badass too.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
After going through a few headaches with the seller on the car, I got this to add to my stable temporally.

Its a 2000 Mustang Gt coupe 5spd car. Gray Leather interior, Gray interior Blue exterior, mach 460 car. The car was a 2 owner car, is now a 3 owner car including myself. I started this process over a week and a half ago. The seller i swear was senile. I called on the car 2 hours after it was posted and the seller told me that i was the 2nd person thatcalled on it and that the first guy was all the way down in Albert Lee MN and wasnt coming until friday to come get the car. I called him on tuesday night and went out to pick the car up on Wednesday. I called to tell him that i was coming out to look at the car and pick it up. He tells me that there is another guy coming to look at the car tomorrow. I told him cool ill be there. I show up ask to take it for a spin. He tells me well umm ah yea sure you can. I go for a few blocks and everything work except for the brakes.... meaning it was sitting for a while and the rusted rotors sucked. But oh well i drive back and start to ask would you take....

Nah nah i cant sell it to you, someone is coing form Albert Lee to look at it... So i get kinda frustrated and say what the heck you didnt say i couldnt buy it. and we talk and bs for a while

He told me that the guy is suppose to come back thursday to come get the car. I called thursday to see if the car was picked up and he says that no, infact the guy never called back. He told me that i was next in line to come get the car. So i told him that i would bring cash to him Saturday at 4pm. He told me what I am bring... I told him, that If i could give him any and all Information he wanted, and a check for a $1000 that i could come back in the next month to pay off the rest of the $700 bucks. He told me that i seem like a nice guy can that yea that would work.

Saturday: I run up there saturday afternoon with my checkbook ID home address info, and where the car will be held. He tells me well, i was all the cash upfront. I tell him that well i cant do that, banks are closed and we had an arrangement. He told me that well ah i had been screwed in the past, and that he wasnt comfortable. I got kinda upset and told him that this aint right this and we argue....

Before i leave we come to another gentlemans agreement. I would bring $1500 cash on monday and that is the end of it lol ( im getting pissed and upset now this will be the 3rd time i have to come out to his place. He tells me the best he can do is come down to 1600 bucks. I tell him ah, fine $1600 monday.

He tells me yea that works.

So today the car is mine and not a damn thing went wrong!!!

Driving home

And my two girls side by side

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Excited for ya man! In my opinion nothing beats the sounds of a v8, she deserves the swap! Be sure to post some exhaust clips! :)

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Nevermind i found out what that k6 was... its not that bad. it sat under a tree all winter and spring long

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Nevermind i found out what that k6 was... its not that bad. it sat under a tree all winter and spring long

Paint code :)

If you compare to tallys paint def faded, should be a little darker. Not that it matters lol.

- Atlantic Blue is k6 and BAB is k7

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Well i should update the thread. Been a little busy, bought some new items preparing for the swap

Picked up this used on ebay and relized that the filter was wrong and that it was missing some pieces.

So i ordered this right after

then realized my 99-04 magnaflow catback was hacked up to fit my divorced dual set up.

So ordered these

thought that i should help the extra air flow with this Trick Flow tb and plenum 75mm tb

was told to get this since the whole car will be taken apart anyways why not get this.

sve double hook quadrant and firewall adjuster

Figured i would get this too while adding some parts. SCT X4

Figured i should get new keys too since im using my factory door locks and ignition cylinder. and the 00 steering column. I want to have the new keys programed to the 00 computer but keyed to the 98

and figured i would put all new fluids in while i was swapping things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online

No members online now.