CCRM wiring help

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
Hi folks.
I have a PIMPXS in my '94 GT. It is not getting power from the CCRM.
Pin 13 (Red/LG wire) in the CCRM has no power with KO. I suspect pin 13 needs 12v to energize the ECU Power Relay inside of the CCRM.
My guess is that the Red/LG wire coming from fuse #18 under the dash is damaged. The fuse is good and has 12v to it.

I'm currently tracing the Red/LG wire from #18 fuse all the way to the CCRM. Can anyone tell me if that Red/LG wire leaves the fuse box under the dash and enters the main fuse box in the engine bay? Or does it bypass the Main fuse box? Please see link below for the CCRM schematic.

Thanks!

https://www.corral.net/threads/trac...730&nested_view=1&sortby=oldest#post-12747730

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did you only check fuse 18? If so go back and check all the others, including the fuses under the hood. It only takes a few minutes and you would be amazed how often the fuse blown will seem to have nothing to do with the problem at hand.

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
did you only check fuse 18? If so go back and check all the others, including the fuses under the hood. It only takes a few minutes and you would be amazed how often the fuse blown will seem to have nothing to do with the problem at hand.

I also checked the eec fuse in the engine bay. I also checked all fuses under the dash. Everything electrical works on the car except the 12v circuit from CCRM to the ECU.
I opened up a section of the main harness coming from firewall to the engine bay fuse box. There is no Red/LG wire. There is also no Red/LG wire leaving that fuse box.

95opal

Reaction score
I also checked the eec fuse in the engine bay. I also checked all fuses under the dash. Everything electrical works on the car except the 12v circuit from CCRM to the ECU.
I opened up a section of the main harness coming from firewall to the engine bay fuse box. There is no Red/LG wire. There is also no Red/LG wire leaving that fuse box.
Start at the ccrm and trace back to the PCM.

OP
OP
D

dsrtjeeper

Reaction score
Start at the ccrm and trace back to the PCM.
Thanks. It was the red/LG wire. The CCRM was not getting 12v to the eec power relay. I ran a new switched power wire to it.

Now I'm troubleshooting a coil voltage issue. With KO, the coil is seeing .90v at both terminals. Does anyone know where the fuse link is located on the coil red/LG wire? This is odd as there's a smaller gauge red/LG wire at the CCRM. There's also a heavier gauge red/LG wire going to the ignition coil.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jd96gt

Members online