Grill pony polishing?

joemomma

Reaction score
What's the best way to polish up the running pony in the grill? I think it's some sort of coated plastic - don't believe they are actually metallic.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it is a plastic that they have plated/coated. If the reflective material is worn off I have seen some paint pens advertised that either give a mirror look or are faked to look like it after. Otherwise just soap/water/wax is all that is needed

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
I'll snap a few pics tonight when I get home. It isn't terrible, but could use some love for sure.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
it is a plastic that they have plated/coated. If the reflective material is worn off I have seen some paint pens advertised that either give a mirror look or are faked to look like it after. Otherwise just soap/water/wax is all that is needed
Looks like all the rattle can mfg some sort of metallic/mirror finish so I can look in to those as well if it is bad enough.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you want to be a little different, check out hydrodipping kits on ebay. A small piece like that is not hard to do in a small tub of water and you can pick some pretty crazy designs. You just float the design on the water, spray an activator on it and then dip it.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
My neighbor has a full dip setup, he does all kinds of stuff. Pretty slick.

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
The original emblem is a coated plastic. Any plastic polish should do the trick.

DCMR sells a replacement pony that is metal for about $30. I needed one for my car and was pleasantly surprised when it showed up as a nice heavy metal horse.
It's also sold on Amazon

They also sell one in black (which i bought first but then didn't think fit my car well) and an oversized version (which I might try out next.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online