How do I hit 600rwhp?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah, I know I dont want to get too carried away with numbers as every tuner I talk to says the power I'm making for the mods is spot on if not more than they would even think. Justin, the tuner I talked to that you told me to call told me with the cams I'm running and my setup that about 6-6200rpms peak sounds about right, and he said on the street its probably the best setup I would ever even want. He said the reason you see higher peak with stock cams is because of the lack of h/c/i work you have compared to me all factor in. I actually had a really good tuner by me who tuned my brothers LS1 and help me degree my cams in recommend his buddy who owns Modern Muscle Motorsports to tune the meth. I talked to him and he's all about it. He thinks I'll pick up about 30rwhp and about the same tq, but said why waste the setup thats on my car and he can tune with it, he uses the same setup on his 1000hp Lightning and etc. So I have some minor work I have to do this winter (fix my fuel pressure gauge, swapping to a Mondo bypass valve, space out one of my pullies) and then I'm going to have him tune for meth. If its anywhere near 550+rwhp I'm going to take a brake with the car as its a handful already and I'm starting to see that 600rwhp through an auto is a whole nother level

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
I was kinda disappointed when my car only made 385 rwhp...but the track times were impressive and I have beat many cars with over 100 more rwhp than me

You can say that again!!! I only made 335 rwhp, (and was quite disappointed to be honest) but managed a 12.0 @ 117.5 mph on stock gears and converter with <100 pounds weight reduction. Dynos are TUNING tools, not power measurement tools.

97, 600 rwhp through an auto, with a good converter/gears/suspension/tire, is single digit territory. I'd hardly be dissatisfied with that on a street car!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
You can say that again!!! I only made 335 rwhp, (and was quite disappointed to be honest) but managed a 12.0 @ 117.5 mph on stock gears and converter with <100 pounds weight reduction. Dynos are TUNING tools, not power measurement tools.

97, 600 rwhp through an auto, with a good converter/gears/suspension/tire, is single digit territory. I'd hardly be dissatisfied with that on a street car!

Yep, exactly.

Thats pretty damn impressive for the power. What was the 60 foot like?

Although, im sure that a PD style blower like yours makes a stall/gears not as big of a deal as with a centri blower since your car is probably making lots of power and torque down low. Was that on a mustang dyno? lol

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
Yep, exactly.

Thats pretty damn impressive for the power. What was the 60 foot like?

Although, im sure that a PD style blower like yours makes a stall/gears not as big of a deal as with a centri blower since your car is probably making lots of power and torque down low. Was that on a mustang dyno? lol

With the old tune (which was made for the old NPI motor, and is thus rather rich), it went 12.05 @ 115 on a 1.80 60'. With the new tune (which had a problem with low end torque at the time), it went 12.09 @ 117.5 on a 1.84 60'. I went back to my tuner today, and he did some tweaking with the timing, and it is now making WAY more torque down low. So I hope I can cut a .7x short time and get this baby in the 11s on the stock gears and converter. Even with the PD blower, it still needs some rear gearing to make up for the tall 2.84 1st gear.

It was on a DynoJet (which is known to read a little low compared to others in the area), SAE corrected, with a 2000' density altitude. I think that with a good DA, it would make 380ish on an average dyno. But once again, dyno's lie. Track times (or traps) don't!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
With the old tune (which was made for the old NPI motor, and is thus rather rich), it went 12.05 @ 115 on a 1.80 60'. With the new tune (which had a problem with low end torque at the time), it went 12.09 @ 117.5 on a 1.84 60'. I went back to my tuner today, and he did some tweaking with the timing, and it is now making WAY more torque down low. So I hope I can cut a .7x short time and get this baby in the 11s on the stock gears and converter. Even with the PD blower, it still needs some rear gearing to make up for the tall 2.84 1st gear.

It was on a DynoJet (which is known to read a little low compared to others in the area), SAE corrected, with a 2000' density altitude. I think that with a good DA, it would make 380ish on an average dyno. But once again, dyno's lie. Track times (or traps) don't!

Exactly, lol

Is that setup in your sig accurate?

That would be impressive to run 11s with stock gears/converter.

Are you on slicks or DRs?

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
Exactly, lol

Is that setup in your sig accurate?

That would be impressive to run 11s with stock gears/converter.

Are you on slicks or DRs?

Yes, it was accurate. Pretty much: SVO blower with 8 pounds of boost, MHS Stage II NPI blower cams, meth injection, offroad midpipe, flowmasters. Also had the spare tire/jack and passenger seat out (75 pounds). I'm in the process of making a new signature.

I'm on Nitto NT555R drag radials.

I have no doubt that it would have run an 11 if I was at the faster track in my area. I typically run .2 and 2 mph faster at the other track, but it's been closed since mid November. I have also since taken it back to my tuner and gotten him to adjust some stuff down low in the RPM range. I had a problem with it bogging off the line at the track (due to very low timing); he now has that straight and it is REALLY making some torque down low. I think that difference in itself is enough to run an 11 with a decent DA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online

No members online now.