I've been enlisted to check out a NPI shitbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
so, I'll know if its a "no-go" pretty readily?

Anyone else notice the wire nuts by the blower? Gotta check into that.

Id think so...anything else would probably be a Minor issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Never buy someone else's project.

NEVER.

Oh, and if it looks hacked, and smells hacked, it probably is hacked. Anyone that puts household wire nuts anywhere in a car is not qualified to work on anything. Run away.

Paul.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Does he have paperwork for that 32k mile crap?.

6k is kinda expensive if you ask me.

Maybe at 4-4500 it would be a deal

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
Does he have paperwork for that 32k mile crap?.

6k is kinda expensive if you ask me.

Maybe at 4-4500 it would be a deal
pretty much exactly what i was gonna say. anyone can say their engine has 32k miles on it. some paperwork would be nice. and 6k? a vortec can be had for less than 2k, maybe lets say 2500 with tune and all. so a 2500 blower setup on a 2-2500 car.... unless its mint i would walk

also ask him some hard questions about it. be straight up. if he stutters/stumbles for answer hes lying. no 2 ways about it. if he truly cared for the car and treated it well, then he should know everything about it.

the 2v is a simple engine as long as theres no ticks knocks etc its good to go.

definetly check into those wire nuts as stated above. this might be a sign that he half assed the whole car.

also how much boost he pushin? does he have a dyno sheet? has it been dyno tuned or just a canned tune?

also, its hard to tell, but it looks like it has the plastic coolant crossover on the intake manifold. plan on replacing that soon.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Never buy someone else's project.

NEVER.

Oh, and if it looks hacked, and smells hacked, it probably is hacked. Anyone that puts household wire nuts anywhere in a car is not qualified to work on anything. Run away.

Paul.

I feel the same way. I don't even use those at work and I'm an electrician.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
pretty much exactly what i was gonna say. anyone can say their engine has 32k miles on it. some paperwork would be nice. and 6k? a vortec can be had for less than 2k, maybe lets say 2500 with tune and all. so a 2500 blower setup on a 2-2500 car.... unless its mint i would walk

also ask him some hard questions about it. be straight up. if he stutters/stumbles for answer hes lying. no 2 ways about it. if he truly cared for the car and treated it well, then he should know everything about it.

the 2v is a simple engine as long as theres no ticks knocks etc its good to go.

definetly check into those wire nuts as stated above. this might be a sign that he half assed the whole car.

also how much boost he pushin? does he have a dyno sheet? has it been dyno tuned or just a canned tune?

also, its hard to tell, but it looks like it has the plastic coolant crossover on the intake manifold. plan on replacing that soon.

Thanks!!

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
I feel the same way. I don't even use those at work and I'm an electrician.
L. O. L.

i like this haha. IIRC i soldered over like 26 splices when i installed my power inverter in my car, all heat shrinked, etc. i can only imagine the headache it would be for someone if i used shitty methods of joining the wires.

BigBore96

Reaction score
1. The guy is an idiot. No way he bothered to switch to a t5. Just saying. Dude still has the stock shifter. And if he was dumb enough to waste $ on this swap then someone should hit him in the face with a t45source business card.
2. *** him down about those white face gauges. $20 bucks they fit like crap and shine retarded. Needles are likely botched as well.
3. Test drive it like you stole it. If they aren't confident the car will survive, then they are selling you a bomb. Be cash in hand of course and not be a tire kicker.
4. I wouldn't give the guy 6k for it.
Lets do the math.. a typical nice npi car. 2k. a BRAND new vortch= 3k. Hmmm..... No..... The 32k mile crap is just crap unless they can prove it. And even then who cares as it's a stock bottom end with a blower. BOMB.

Also, to whom it may concern....

The NPI bashing is getting lame, especially from you v6 nutswingers. Same goes for you stock head 5.0s. Get a real car. Just saying.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Calm down, the shitbox term is funny.. My '95 ran blistering 14.70's which progressed to mid 13's (lame stock heads) before the Windsor stroker but I call it a shitbox.. They were ALL slow in stock form..

BigBore96

Reaction score
shitbox term has been played out.

The so called NPI shitbox can and WILL outrun a 5.0 with it's stock heads mod for mod.

Do this. properly cam a NPI and add a pi intake. Then add a cam and the glorious "cobra" intake and look at some vertical tails.

OP
OP
white95

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I won't argue with you.. However, we can watch my wife out run both of these fictional cars with her girly 3v..

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Funny-hell-naw-hell-no-rapper-tyler-the-creator-Favim.com-357923.jpg

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
shitbox term has been played out.

The so called NPI shitbox can and WILL outrun a 5.0 with it's stock heads mod for mod.

Do this. properly cam a NPI and add a pi intake. Then add a cam and the glorious "cobra" intake and look at some vertical tails.
so your saying take a stock npi and a stock 5.0 do the same mods and the npi would walk the 5.0??

BigBore96

Reaction score
Yes. You're all stupid who are stuck on a dying 302s nutsack.

A NPI car with proper cams PI intake and basic bolts ons, will outrun a 5.0 with a cobra intake, cam and basic bolt ons. True story.

The thing is. Everyone is so ****ing stupid and just want's to nutswing on ignorance they think otherwise. But yeah, this forum has turned super gay lately.

All you 5.0 noobs go off old ass info. But anyway, I'm out. Good luck trolls. Go derail some more threads and become annoying as hell. Deeplist if you read this check your pm's. I didn't forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online

No members online now.