Kenny Brown vs Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the Kenny Brown panhard bar? I found one locally for $150 used, all the hardware and what not included. Compared to the $300 of a new MM unit, it seems like it'd be a good deal but I can't find much information about the KB unit online. I've always heard good things about KB but just don't know how they stack up compared to MM's stuff.

Thanks again guys,
Sam

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ive heard good things about KB's full length-over kill-weld in sub frame connectors, so i assume their PHB would be of the same quality.

I *heart* MM's products and customer support.

if i were you, i'd snag the KB.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Got any pictures? I went to their website, but it's a total mess, and links don't bring up what you request.

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
ebaypics043.jpg

Here's the pic he sent me.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Well, judging by the picture, I've noticed a few things.

1. The length of the rod. By the looks of it, it does not seem as long as the MM rod. MM panhard bar bracketry has a pick up point that goes down from the rear subframe rail, and all the way down. KB looks like it swings a little to the side for whatever reason (probably exhaust clearance). Shorter bar will cause the rear to swing more from side to side as it goes through travel, and cause more rear steer. I would really like to see one of those installed to clear that up.

2. Install points. Looks like the chassis end bracketry is setup to be welded or bolt to unibody rather than the subframe rail. Now, I don't know if you are aware of this, but mustangs have a fairly thin and flexable unibody structure, which is why we experience so much flex under cornering. Bolting something that's suppose to keep the rear end straight to the unibody, not such a good idea in my opinion. You could end up sheering metal.

3. The rear roll center. When you build a suspension package you have to make sure that roll centers are with in range of each other. For example, MM likes high roll centers, GR prefers to build suspension wiht low roll centers. I don't know much about what kind of roll center KB uses for their setup, so I can't comment on that, and how it would work with other front end systems. What I can comment on is that roll center adjustment is limited to only two settings, unlike MM which is infinate with in a certain range.

Something to think about.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I'm with Replica on that one. I have heard to the KB stuff can snap under extreme stress. The companies also now out of business due to his health problems and all I believe. Unless theres been an update. But I would simply look at the total overall setup you intend to run and stick with matching components

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOOSTED_ VENDETTA

Members online