New guy from Louisiana

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Great lookin stang, and good call on the 4" rolled tips. Those are the only tips that new edge stangs should have IMO...

robb15033

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Alot of good people here. Great job with your car, very nice!
-Can you share your opinion of your suspension set-up? I just got a complete suspension set up, all shiny new parts staring at me & I'm very anxious to get it all installed. I also got H&R ss springs with Koni STR T's, along with bumpsteer and X2 balljoints. How has it held up? Consistent feel over time, compared to when new? Good combo?
Thanks, -Robb

OP
OP
Silver35th

Silver35th

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Great lookin stang, and good call on the 4" rolled tips. Those are the only tips that new edge stangs should have IMO...
Thanks man...I love the look they give the rear of the car

Welcome to the site. Alot of good people here. Great job with your car, very nice!
-Can you share your opinion of your suspension set-up? I just got a complete suspension set up, all shiny new parts staring at me & I'm very anxious to get it all installed. I also got H&R ss springs with Koni STR T's, along with bumpsteer and X2 balljoints. How has it held up? Consistent feel over time, compared to when new? Good combo?
Thanks, -Robb

I like the setup for what I have in it. It definitely isn't for those who want a comfy ride. However, I've gotten used to its harshness. I dont have the bumpsteer or X2 balljoints. I have the MM CC plates and those made a huge difference as well. The STR.Ts dampen the springs nicely for a budget damper. I am using fox struts and SN95 shocks though. The fox struts will give you an extra inch or so of bump travel up front.

To answer your question, I like the setup. I'd really want coilovers ideally, but the handling this setup gives me is more than plenty for the driving I do. I've had it lowered for a year and a half or two years or so and it hasn't given me any trouble.

I just installed the RLCAs the other day and I was amazed at how it tightened up the rear of the car in turns and launching. The rear of the car follows instantly instead of having a delay...if you can understand what I'm saying lol.

robb15033

Reaction score
Thanks. Pretty stiff though, huh? I purchased Fox body struts and shocks, after learning that I should have SN95 shocks. I will extend the pinion snuber bump stop with a washer & locktite maybe, to make up for the missing bump stop on shock shaft, I'll figure it out. Installed Fox body shocks on the other Mustang and all is just fine. Having the X2's and bumpstop will make some difference in handling & turns. Thanks for the info. I might get new rubber isolators rather than re-using the stock ones, to absorb a little. I'm taking a break this time from installing the entire package & having my Mustang shop do the installation along with a new brake package. I can have it aligned properly instantly & save tire wear. Thanks again.

OP
OP
Silver35th

Silver35th

Reaction score
One thing to add...you may want to wait a week or so to let the springs settle before you get it aligned. I noticed an extra half inch or so of drop after they broke in a bit.

OP
OP
Silver35th

Silver35th

Reaction score
Where'd you get a replacement hood sticker from? I need to order one.
Ah sorry I forgot you had asked that earlier, my bad. I had gotten it from Latemodel Restoration a few years ago. They don't seem to have it anymore. The one I had ordered was a Ford branded 3M decal. They just have their SVE or whatever it is brand in stock.

EDIT: I found this, may or may not be what you're looking for, but it says its a 3M decal.

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/it...=Stripe+Kits&SubSubCategory=Hood&CatKey=74-01

chris91

Reaction score
Found it! Can't believe they want $63 plus shipping for a damn sticker. I'll just make my own. LoL

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Found it! Can't believe they want $63 plus shipping for a damn sticker. I'll just make my own. LoL

That's not bad acutually,although we sell them for slightly cheaper, but GOOD vinyl isn't cheap! Our stickers for the forum we sell are 5 years life. A cheap one will last you a yearish. So I wouldn't doubt if 50resto sells the longer life vinyl. If not then in a year when they are faded and or peeling off,come see us.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, kick off your shoes and stay awhile!!!

*generic message complete*

What's up man, glad to see you finally made it over. How ya been?

OP
OP
Silver35th

Silver35th

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, kick off your shoes and stay awhile!!!

*generic message complete*

What's up man, glad to see you finally made it over. How ya been?

I've been good. School is raping me, but 3 semesters til I graduate lol. Slowly putting little bolt ons on the car as I get spare change from birthdays or christmas lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online

No members online now.