Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

Snorky

Reaction score
My vote would be Saleens if they were staggered.
I like FR500's but that black chrome finish is pretty hit or miss on lasting more than a few years.
That's my one concern. I have a weak spot for 18" saleens. I would dive on them if they were staggered or black chrome. The curve ball would be white saleens.. laser red the cobra calipers with white cobra lettering
That’s a tough one. You have a lot of different colors going on between the red car, black top and black&white interior. I’ve had both of those style wheels and ultimately went back to my 5-spoke Saleen “style” wheels. Guess I wanted that all black look after all!

But if I had to pick from the 3 Options, I’d pick…. (wait for it)…. NONE! Personally, I’d want a black wheel to tie in the rest of the colors. Or, get Option 2 and paint or powder coat them black.

My $.02
My green car has black saleens on it. Kind of over the all black look. Could always swap wheels for a bit and stare at it lol

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's my one concern. I have a weak spot for 18" saleens. I would dive on them if they were staggered or black chrome. The curve ball would be white saleens.. laser red the cobra calipers with white cobra lettering

My green car has black saleens on it. Kind of over the all black look. Could always swap wheels for a bit and stare at it lol
Excellent idea, actually. Nothing like seeing it in person. Maybe swap the black onto the red car and get Option 2 onto the green?? That’d work, no?

And I hear ya on the exhaustEd “blacked out” look. But in my case, I opted back to all black (keep it nasty!) because the silver FR500’s looked a little cheesy for my taste. Clean look for sure, but “eh”….

Snorky

Reaction score
Excellent idea, actually. Nothing like seeing it in person. Maybe swap the black onto the red car and get Option 2 onto the green?? That’d work, no?

And I hear ya on the exhaustEd “blacked out” look. But in my case, I opted back to all black (keep it nasty!) because the silver FR500’s looked a little cheesy for my taste. Clean look for sure, but “eh”….
LOL The silver fr500s are a little cheesy!!! They have grown on me slightly though. I think anthracite has more soul to it than silver.

White saleens have been floating around in the back of mind head since I bought the car. Would look hot with the top down. White seats and the white saleens, would be a little importish though.

If you have a black car and go wild with black it's different than having some bright ass color that you are trying to the with black.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
LOL The silver fr500s are a little cheesy!!! They have grown on me slightly though. I think anthracite has more soul to it than silver.

White saleens have been floating around in the back of mind head since I bought the car. Would look hot with the top down. White seats and the white saleens, would be a little importish though.

If you have a black car and go wild with black it's different than having some bright ass color that you are trying to the with black.
I actually was going to throw white rims in as an idea— because of the Oreo inter. That’d work and really set it off.

Snorky

Reaction score
I actually was going to throw white rims in as an idea— because of the Oreo inter. That’d work and really set it off.
Makes me feel like we'll damn! Back to the drawing board LOL. Those don't come up for sale too often

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Need some opinions on wheel selection for the laser red car sn95 vert, black top oreo interior. I have some wheels available in the area. $1000obo for wheels and tires good condition 18x9 18x10 black chrome fr500's. 2 hr drive round trip. View attachment 26807
Pic For reference
Option 2. 18x9 square charcoal saleens, minor scuff on 1 wheel. Good tires. $500 obo. 5 hr round trip.
View attachment 26806

Option 3
Guy might repost this one in a few weeks so it would be up to the lord if it comes available., 18x9 18x10 silver fr500 with good tires. $1000obo, 2 hr round trip driver
View attachment 26808

What's the generaL take on it?
Option 3 for me ..

TMW

95GTS302

Reaction score
Oh heck! Now you’ve got me missing my Drag Radials! I was actually quite happy with how they rode. It’s just that “shortened lifespan” of the tread that’s a kick in the wallet :-(
Yes I know what you mean for the longest time I ran M/T ET streets and seemed to run through them so fast. So far I have had good luck with the Nitto 555r’s. The 275/50 pair i had on there before switching to the 275/60 with these beadlocks still have tons of life left on em and still hook decently and it’s been a few seasons. But the car doesn’t get driven as often as it used to either seems like the faster and louder it gets the less it gets driven lol.

joe65

Reaction score
Need some opinions on wheel selection for the laser red car sn95 vert, black top oreo interior. I have some wheels available in the area. $1000obo for wheels and tires good condition 18x9 18x10 black chrome fr500's. 2 hr drive round trip. View attachment 26807
Pic For reference
Option 2. 18x9 square charcoal saleens, minor scuff on 1 wheel. Good tires. $500 obo. 5 hr round trip.
View attachment 26806

Option 3
Guy might repost this one in a few weeks so it would be up to the lord if it comes available., 18x9 18x10 silver fr500 with good tires. $1000obo, 2 hr round trip driver
View attachment 26808

What's the generaL take on it?
Not that i know much about anything but if those are real saleens, buy them if you don't like them sell. That being said i like those fr500's in that pic. I have 3 sets of wheels for my car right now. can't decide what i want to live with. Stock starfish new edge wheels, 2003 cobras, and OZ Ultraleggeras i've been using. dark grey on black.

Attachments

• IMG_5152.JPG
    IMG_5152.JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 8

Snorky

Reaction score
Not that i know much about anything but if those are real saleens, buy them if you don't like them sell. That being said i like those fr500's in that pic. I have 3 sets of wheels for my car right now. can't decide what i want to live with. Stock starfish new edge wheels, 2003 cobras, and OZ Ultraleggeras i've been using. dark grey on black.
Those are slick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online

No members online now.