Thoughts on this Mystic Cobra

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
Mystic for sale really close by. Worth the money? How bad to fix those paint problems? Is Mystic paint readily available nowadays? I read they only made 2000 of these, so I'm on the fence for sure. Always liked Mystics.

07GtS197

Reaction score
The paint is going to be a nightmare to fix. Other than that, as long as it has a clean title I’d say jump on it. I think the price is a little on the high side given the state the clear coat is in. Once it starts peeling the paint and clear need to be redone.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the paint it available now. It isn't cheap and the problem is to make it match you would need to paint the entire car as I don't think this is something you can blend/match.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mystic for sale really close by. Worth the money? How bad to fix those paint problems? Is Mystic paint readily available nowadays? I read they only made 2000 of these, so I'm on the fence for sure. Always liked Mystics.

Would love to get back into one . For the paint and the mileage they are asking way too much though.

OP
OP
Bronco2Fan

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's what I see way too often. People pricing too high and get irked if you offer a reasonable amount. I agree about the paint too, going to be the most expensive item to repair. If you find someone who can shoot it. I'm still interested in it though.

07GtS197

Reaction score
The whole used car market is like that. A lot of “I know what I got” pricing and it pushes up prices for everyone. God forbid you try to haggle with someone. If you can get it for the right price I still think it’s worth it. Look at it as a car you’re not going to get rid of.

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
I had one of these. I bought mine new in '96.
Mine was hit by a motor home which caused extensive damage and required multiple body panels to be replaced.
Back then the paint was only available through Ford. They sent a guy out to California from Dearborn to verify that it was a real Mystic Cobra, estimated how much paint would be needed, then released only that amount to the body shop.
Back then, the paint was $800/quart. That was in 1998. It is made by BASF.
This paint does not require mixing colors. It gets thinned, then sprayed. The matching was perfect, and the finish was actually smoother than the factory job which had some orange peel.
If it's only the clear coat it may be possible to just re-spray the clear where needed.
I believe there were only 1000 made, but I'm not positive about that.
Personally I was not satisfied with the performance. Only 300hp and almost no low end or midrange torque.
141K miles is a lot.
CobraRGuy

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had one of these. I bought mine new in '96.
Mine was hit by a motor home which caused extensive damage and required multiple body panels to be replaced.
Back then the paint was only available through Ford. They sent a guy out to California from Dearborn to verify that it was a real Mystic Cobra, estimated how much paint would be needed, then released only that amount to the body shop.
Back then, the paint was $800/quart. That was in 1998. It is made by BASF.
This paint does not require mixing colors. It gets thinned, then sprayed. The matching was perfect, and the finish was actually smoother than the factory job which had some orange peel.
If it's only the clear coat it may be possible to just re-spray the clear where needed.
I believe there were only 1000 made, but I'm not positive about that.
Personally I was not satisfied with the performance. Only 300hp and almost no low end or midrange torque.
141K miles is a lot.
CobraRGuy
1999 of them

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SHDOPNY

Members online

No members online now.