What power to expect from this combo of parts.

94RedGt

Reaction score
Hey guys, sry for asking this dumb question just wanted to know if anyone out there is running something similar what did they get out of it.

Like all you guys i want some more power out of my 5.0 , what kind of power/torque to the Flywheel would a 5.0 put down running budget parts like ported GT40 heads with ported Cobra/Explorer intake with a matching cam and all the appropiate tune and parts needed to take advantage of the extra flow , bigger Maf housing with ofc bigger TB to match the extra flow potential of the intake and heads combo, for a cam i would guess an e303 or b303.

My guess would be something around 260 to maybe 290ish horses with torque following up along the same numbers or higher. I really would like to get the car to move quicker on its own power without any forced induction , i would be really happy with it pushing more than 260 horses to the wheels with this parts, it should not really be that hard for the 302 to make decend power once it can breath. Thanks for reading and w8 for an answer to my stupid question :D be honest lol.

ivan12

Reaction score
Sounds like you've done your research, 260-280 RWHP is what my guess would be. Tons of people running similar setups but with different cams. The right cam and dyno tune should get you moving.

OP
OP

94RedGt

Reaction score
so that whp should be around 300ish fwhp wich sounds pretty cool, i would really like to get this done when time and money allows it, just the other day a guy was selling a pair of ported GT40s for 300 bucks what a deal, on the future i plan on maybe running a turbo setup , that combined with the already mild boltons should make for a really fun car :D. But 300 whp should be enough for me, i dont race or anything , even sometimes the stock 5.0 seems to be enough power but sometimes i really wich it had a bit more kick when i step on it.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's possible but not the easiest to get 300rwhp with that combo but total possible

OP
OP

94RedGt

Reaction score
Well around that should be possible with that setup, heck if i can get it to push 260 id be pretty happy, for a mostly street driven car that power should be enough imo. But you never know , once i start getting power id prolly want more and more but then it gets expensive.

itsblue95

Reaction score
id say about 260ish. i made 310rwhp with AFR 185s, holley systemax intake, trick flow stage 1 cam, and all the little bolt ons. but then again all my pulls were in 3rd gear and not in 4th cause i have air plane gears. which would be my next buy but im planing on saling my car next year and get a 2011-2012 5.0.

gears will help out that set up and make it feel alot faster

itsblue95

Reaction score
Really? i did not know that:confused:. i put it up to show him it will take alot more then what he posted to get over 300whp

2002BLGT

Reaction score
Larger MAF is not needed and I just tuned a Foxbody with similar setup with a F303 cam and it put down 254 rwhp and 320 rwtq that was still with stock 19s and stock fox 55mm MAF , so you should be somewhere in the 260 range

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whiplash-Smile

Members online