'94 5.0 cruise control

GTamas

Reaction score
My CC is working fine, but I was just wondering since it is getting old... is there something that could malfunction and cause dangerous situation when using it on highway? For example something that would cause it to not disengage. Something worth checking / maintaining to prevent it? Or it usually just doesn't function at all if there's a problem?

I searched the forum and seen mostly issues where it wouldn't function at all. Turned out mostly electrical issues, but they were mostly V6 or 4.6L cars, so maybe the 5.0 is an older technology CC?

Any experience or advice is welcome. :)

joemomma

Reaction score
I think it works off of vacuum doesn't it?

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
It's a vac system, with a vacuum servo in the fender. It gets electrical inputs from a module that controls the vacuum regulation. The servo then moves a cable to move the throttle body. The brake pedal has a vac dump. Hit the pedal and the servo loses all vacuum and cant do anything. I believe the clutch will electronically disable it.

It's very similar to the fox system. I've only heard of it working as intended, or not working at all. Sometimes i might hear of surging, which is due to too much lenght to the cable and some slack needing to be taken up.

Cruise in my Fox is 36 years old and still works nicely. I activate it time to time to just see if it does.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Kudos for asking, GTamas. I, too, am a big fan of preventive maintenance. Good you looked into it++

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online