Getting frustrated

Tillerman77

Reaction score
Ford Racing 9mm wires and yes the misfire was present before I bought these. One of the wires that was on car when I brought it had a damaged area on the silicone insulation. It didn't appear to be all the way into the inner core but not knowing if this damaged area could be enabling a crossfire I used some silicone adhesive to patch the spot. The mis fire remained so I replaced the wires. I did observe the damaged wire at night with engine running to see if a crossfire was present and didn't notice any
Many folks have had misfire issues with the Ford Racing wires. OEM Motorcraft wires are a solid replacement option if you don't find the misfire elsewhere. BTW, my 97 Cobra developed a misfire which was due to the same kind of damage on the wire as you are describing. Nothing was visible at night, but replacing the wires with new Motorcraft wires and fresh plugs solved my issue.

Reaction score
ive actually never had an issue with ford racing wires and have been using them for over a decade, but i would also lean on replacing the coil packs and wires if that wasnt done already. has the OP also checked the alt? just in case?

OP
OP
B

bobcat

Reaction score
ive actually never had an issue with ford racing wires and have been using them for over a decade, but i would also lean on replacing the coil packs and wires if that wasnt done already. has the OP also checked the alt? just in case?

OP
OP
B

bobcat

Reaction score
No alt hasn't been tested although haven't had any charging issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online