Magnaflow magnapack catback opinions

LaserRed5.0

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a magnaflow magnapack catback from a guy here locally. Has anyone had any experience with these? Are they actual glass packs? Do they go bad and burn up like actual glass packs? Is there a lot of crackling and backpressure. I want this to last a while and not be crap. Just let me know thanks.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
My buddy has them on his 01 and dude I'm not gonna lie when he lets off the gas it sounds like damned fire crackers behind him lmao. It's a very very good sounding exhaust IMO, and it even won our local 2 step competition because when he set that thing up, it just sounded soooo badass!

Do some YouTubin man!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I feel like the 4.6s are more poppy and raspy usually but with an offroad X pipe it's going to be pretty raw sounding. I've never heard of them "going bad" though, they should last a long time being stainless steel.

with a straight through muffler though I'd guess there would be less back pressure than with a chambered muffler.

I'd say search youtube to get an idea of how it will sound.

BigBore96

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Bassani catbacks. But.... I did put my brothers magnapacks on my car. 4v w/ Bassani Midlengths with bassani o/r X. And it sounded wicked!

They are nothing like a glasspack.

Also, found this. It's a video of my car with the magnapacks and that exhaust setup going down the track for the first time untuned with crappy tires. O god I can't wait for spring time for my tune and some tires.

[video=youtube;hPY3KoYFsQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPY3KoYFsQo&feature=plcp[/video]

Mustanger

Reaction score
I have Magna Packs on my 5.0 & they are great! They are gauranteed for 1,000,000 miles & don't break down! Very High quality system so don't worry on that part. I have factory cats still & I only get a little burble on decel...wish it was more but boy do these sound good on WOT ....deep & just right loudness for me. I kinda remember they are packed with steel wool not fiberglass but I could be wrong. They do get a bit louder as they age from new but so far 6 years not much. I want to try an MRT Catted H pipe next for just a bit more on the sound & burble/popping ...

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ****kin love magnapacks. I like the regular magnaflows as well. I hate chambered mufflers now. You'll love them an the fact that the system is full stainless you can't go wrong .

joekd

Reaction score
On my 00 GT I had no name stainless glasspacks, my current GT has magnapack catback and a catted X-pipe, Even when I had a factory midpipe the magnapakcs had a better sound then the glasspacks ever did. I love the way it sounds with the X-pipe though.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
[video=youtube;0EdNK0F4rfU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EdNK0F4rfU[/video]
[video=youtube;4XUVxGZDhFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XUVxGZDhFc[/video]

hondarocks61

Reaction score
Had them on my 95 gts, They do pop on decel under a load like crazy. Im assuming a tune would help stop some of that.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Had them on my 95 gts, They do pop on decel under a load like crazy. Im assuming a tune would help stop some of that.

Really? That is what I want MORE of! LOL...I'm old school & I like the popping & burbling on decel...wonder why mine doesn't do it like yours. I mean I get a small amount but nothing like I used to back in the 60's.

Vengeance

Reaction score
i Have them on my 94 cobra, i absolutely love them, i have them with the stock h pipe and it still has a nice roar to them. not that i have magnaflow i dont think i will run anything else ever again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online

No members online now.