Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just received some serious voltage sensitive relays for the upcoming dual-battery setup, main purpose to be able to bridge the starting battery with the main battery in case of a starting battery failure. Controlled automatically via the dip switches, or manually via the knob or in-cabin with the connector harness. Should be sweet.
are you going that high of compression you need a 2nd or adding a stereo? I have a switch on mine as well but it just allows me to deactivate the battery isolator when starting.

Finn

Reaction score
After a long and agonizing consideration I finally decided to go with Akebono ProACT. If they do not work as I expect them to work I will get a set of semi-metallics.

nWvRXzF.jpg

badass98svt

Reaction score
As far as i know they came either chromed or painted.

Yes. I made a couple calls today.
$75/wheel to have the old chrome stripped.
$135/wheel to have them powder coated in a chrome finish.
I'm waiting on a quote to have 2 of them widened as well.

Having them re-chromed may be more than I'm willing to invest. We shall see

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Might also look into a dry sump system and kill two birds with one stone.
Thought of it, in fact almost bought an aluminum 5.4 block that was meant for that but decided against making a $5000 engine into a $10000 engine.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
It's finally shipped after 2 years of waiting. Magnacut blade, burled amboyna scales ~10.5" overall length. Price was... a lot. Custom work is expensive. Blade is 3/16" thick. My spec was, if I need to cut a pickup tire off a rim in the middle of nowhere in South Africa, this better do the trick. And yes, the need to remove a tire from a rim and only having a pocket knife to do it with has come up on the farm. What it'll do mostly in all reality is sit there attached to my body armor and cry about not getting any attention and why don't I take it out on the town once in a while or at least use it to eat peas with.
img_4927.jpg

I need to start gathering parts for the new engine. First thing first, buy forged 4.6 4v pistons. Wanting forged and good stuff but I don't need them to be the same price as an equal weight of gold. Anyone got a tip on where might be some good deals? Thinking Manley but open to ideas. Remember, I want to land at 11:1-11.5:1 compression on 01 cobra C-heads and hopefully a stock bore but it's more likely than not that I'll bump to +.010 or +.020.

weendoggy

Reaction score
View attachment 31497
New distributor , slowly gathering things up . Still undecided on a camshaft
I use the same, but have had issues. When it works, it works good. I had my first one (Gen II) go sour $$ after three years. Then it took a crap again after repair 11mos. later. Sent it in for repair $$ again and now it's in a box on the shelf. I bought another one so I could get running quicker. Now I have an expensive repair part, but it's ready to go when I need it. Sad part is you can't buy anything from Holley (MSD) to do the repair. The module is the usual culprit. Damn electronics! o_O

You running a Dominator or HP setup?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I use the same, but have had issues. When it works, it works good. I had my first one (Gen II) go sour $$ after three years. Then it took a crap again after repair 11mos. later. Sent it in for repair $$ again and now it's in a box on the shelf. I bought another one so I could get running quicker. Now I have an expensive repair part, but it's ready to go when I need it. Sad part is you can't buy anything from Holley (MSD) to do the repair. The module is the usual culprit. Damn electronics! o_O

You running a Dominator or HP setup?

just switched to dominator only because I won it . Yea I’ve heard mixed things about em but lots of good things too . Hopefully I have good results

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
what are you building now? I remember the yellow car getting jacked then you had a mystic cobra right?

I gotta red 95 gt as well . Heads cam intake deal with a procharger D1sc on e85 . Totally doesn’t need a dominator but I got one .

Last edited:

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Next on the list, 200 & 500 & 1,000 & 5,000 & 15,000 grit Ruby Degussits whet stones. My last set has been taken prisoner with a lot of my other belongings by my ex-wife. I use ceramic and occasionally glass for reforming blade edges, they cut metal like nobody's business. The ruby stones are for polishing and cleaning up the edge. My edges are a little less forgiving of carelessness than gravity but I like them that way and without a ton of micro-serrations and using the right grind angle in the first place they tend to last a long time.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
It's good to have your priorities right. First thing first, beer is only properly served in a glass, not in a can or a bottle.

^^^ genuinely not sarcasm

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bmr instant centre brackets and baseline pro launch 2 relocated upper control arms . I also gotta set of upr pro series lower control arms . 60ft problems should be behind me this year .
IMG_4487.jpegIMG_4486.jpeg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Bmr instant centre brackets and baseline pro launch 2 relocated upper control arms . I also gotta set of upr pro series lower control arms . 60ft problems should be behind me this year .
Maybe weld in some studs on the front A arms and the body chassis so you can install catapulting chain restriction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online