Times are changing

maillemaker

Reaction score
you make it sound like they can snap their fingers and upgrade the grid or maybe do a firmware update but it is not that easy.
Well of course not. It took a century to get the grid where it is today. It might take another century to build it out to replace fossil fuels. It's not like everyone is going to run out and buy EVs tomorrow. Not at $40K a pop.

95opal

Reaction score
Dont buy into the ev propaganda. Wont happen unless the American people let or want it. Its not about green energy. Most all charging stations run off natural gas oil or coal. Very few run off green energy.
Just another scam to get the people dependent on big GOV. Co2 doesnt cause global warming or climate change. Oil will never run out the earth produces oil every day.

OP
OP
cobrajeff96

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
It'll get harder to extract it over time. The days of poking a hole in the ground and oil spewing out are getting fewer and fewer. But it'll be a long, long time before it gets too hard to extract and nations are going to war over the last few pockets or wells of it.

95opal

Reaction score
It'll get harder to extract it over time. The days of poking a hole in the ground and oil spewing out are getting fewer and fewer. But it'll be a long, long time before it gets too hard to extract and nations are going to war over the last few pockets or wells of it.

You missed my point. The fossil fuel bs myth is just that a myth. We will never run out of oil. Take a deep dive into the myth to find the truth.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dont buy into the ev propaganda. Wont happen unless the American people let or want it. Its not about green energy. Most all charging stations run off natural gas oil or coal. Very few run off green energy.
Just another scam to get the people dependent on big GOV. Co2 doesnt cause global warming or climate change. Oil will never run out the earth produces oil every day.
Amen!

b1pig

Reaction score
A couple of you already echoed my thoughts while I've been deleting paragraphs and pondering... and working....

I support EVs... but the FED has no grounds to be forcing it down our throats. Thats my short (edited) response.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You missed my point. The fossil fuel bs myth is just that a myth. We will never run out of oil. Take a deep dive into the myth to find the truth.
Glad the elephant in the room was brought up. One of the biggest scams of all time. Fossil fugging fuels....lol

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i agree with what your saying
but i believe the elites that have control of everything will be the ones that will force our hand and have us by our balls
this is why i say there will be a fight

maillemaker

Reaction score
Glad the elephant in the room was brought up. One of the biggest scams of all time. Fossil fugging fuels....lol

Nobody ever said anything about fossil fuels running out.

If that's all the problem was, then it would be a self-correcting problem as it got harder and harder to extract it would become less and less profitable to do it.

The biggest problem is the CO2 that gets dumped in the air from burning it. It's the biggest driver in global warming.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

If that's all the problem was, then it would be a self-correcting problem as it got harder and harder to extract it would become less and less profitable to do it.

The biggest problem is the CO2 that gets dumped in the air from burning it. It's the biggest driver in global warming.
Just another politically made farse. C02 scam. What does all the worlds plants and trees take in folks.... Lol.

shovel

Reaction score
If we could capture the energy of people arguing about the future of transportation energy sources and run cars on that we wouldn't need gas or electricity.

shovel

Reaction score

It really doesn't matter man, people get their personal identity tied up with wedge issues and become highly resistant to information as a result.

We have tax records of how much fossil fuel has been extracted from the last 150+ years and can estimate how much of that has been put into the atmosphere. We also know that plants preferentially compose themselves of carbon-12 (about 99:1) vs. the other stable isotope carbon-13 present in inorganic minerals. That makes it extremely easy to chart the increase in atmospheric carbon as a result of fossil fuels (formerly plants) vs. atmospheric carbon resulting from volcanic activity (inorganic mineral) and wouldn't you know it, that historical record precisely lines up with the tax records from the mining and selling of fossil fuels. We even can calculate the added retained solar energy (greenhouse effect) down to roughly 2.2 watts per square meter on the sunlit half of the globe directly resulting from human fossil fuel use. None of this is in question by any climate researcher.

But none of that matters - progress only happens subsequent to funerals. Car emissions are a small part of that anyway and it's a problem which is solving itself. If we actually wanted to make a dent that matters there are much more pressing topics to argue about and avoid actually fixing.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

you realize 60% of the use power grid is powered by fossil fuels right?

trippieTim

Reaction score
I'll burn gas till they stop selling it. Then i'll drill for it myself lol. This Mustang gonna be rolling around when the invent flying cars. EV's are the future for american car companies. Everyone has already altered their business models to move torwards reliability and electric. Ford has discontinued all their cars besides the mustang as of 2024. They've moved their focus to SUV's and trucks. This is why the focus, and fusion are no longer available/produced. Every other company is doing the same thing. Its gonna be electric SUV's and hybrid/electric trucks for the workforce, because no modern battery will have the capacity/range to tow(F150 lightning). Its the woke agenda, and the direction of the US at the moment. Then they'll start controlling your cars, You get a speeding ticket, and your electric car will now have a speed limiter where you can only go the speed limit, or they just turn it off. Good luck hitting the light switch on my 4.6 tho lol.

maillemaker

Reaction score
you realize 60% of the use power grid is powered by fossil fuels right?
Yup.
But already the unsubsidized cost of wind and solar beats all other methods of electricity production. Right now, wind and solar are inevitable. It's going to get harder and harder to Justify the long-term investment in any other kind power plant in places where solar and wind can compete.

1684462070426-png.25823

The biggest problem is storage to counter the inconsistencies of wind and solar. But major advancements are happening with batteries. A production advancement was announced today for a production-ready technology achieving 500 Wh/KG. Another company has announced achieving energy densities in the laboratory as high as 1200 Wh/KG.

Elon Musk said once you hit 400 Wh/KG electric aircraft start to get interesting.

Of course standardized micro fission reactors or achieving fusion will be total game changers for electric energy generation.

maillemaker

Reaction score
It really doesn't matter man, people get their personal identity tied up with wedge issues and become highly resistant to information as a result.
Yup. It's so depressing. The internet was supposed to result in massive dissemination of factual information. Now, though, it is a place where you can go find anything you want to hear. Believe the earth is flat? No problem. Tons of people on the internet to tell you it's true. Think the moon is hollow? Same same. Moon landings were fake? You can find your home on the internet.

My damn bathroom scale reads off the daily CO2 concentration in the air in my home, every half-hour, every day. But the CO2 data is all just a big scam, right?

Capture.JPG

shovel

Reaction score
No part of this really needs to exist as a culture war issue. You want renewable liquid fuel that doesn't dig carbon out of the ground? There's a five thousand mile wide patch of sargassum stretching from Florida to Liberia and it mashes just like moonshine.

You want to cut the emissions from freight ships burning bunker fuel? Legislate long warranties & right-to-repair on consumer goods so it won't be profitable to sell cheap disposable junk. We'll buy better quality goods less frequently and sail fewer ships as a result.

Doesn't need to be a zero sum game we can all win here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online