Times are changing

95opal

Reaction score
I never said he wasn’t welcome , I just questioned why the fuck he joined this place to push his climate change agenda and ev bullshit on us . Times aren’t changing he’s just conforming .

You have to remember most people are dead asleep and have no idea what your talking about.
They dont get the big picture and whats trying to be done to them. They are fully engulfed in the propaganda war and dont realize their conformity is part of their own demise.

maillemaker

Reaction score
Did you join here to push climate change and EV bullshit on mustang owners
No, I joined because I bought a 1995 Mustang GT about 2 months ago.

However, if you haven't noticed, this forum contains sub-forums about things not related to mustangs. When you click "new posts", if there are new posts in those sub-forums, they show up in the list. Sometimes against my better judgement I click on them and choose to express my opinion.

Why did you join? To learn how BBS software works?
What on earth do you need that for? Own a Ferrari? 100 octane is for race cars, not really anything street driven. My 67 Triumph GT6 supposedly required 100, but that was back when fuel was leaded and not as clean. I used to run 91 ethanol free in it, but I got tired of driving that far for fuel, so I mostly just put regular premium 91 with ethanol, and it seems to run just fine on it.
OK, first of all, I never said anything about 100 octane gasoline.

Second of all, I don't use 100% gasoline in my cars. What I said was my fear is that regular gasoline will become as hard to find and expensive as 100% gasoline is today.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
No, I joined because I bought a 1995 Mustang GT about 2 months ago.

However, if you haven't noticed, this forum contains sub-forums about things not related to mustangs. When you click "new posts", if there are new posts in those sub-forums, they show up in the list. Sometimes against my better judgement I click on them and choose to express my opinion.

Why did you join? To learn how BBS software works?

OK, first of all, I never said anything about 100 octane gasoline.

Second of all, I don't use 100% gasoline in my cars. What I said was my fear is that regular gasoline will become as hard to find and expensive as 100% gasoline is today.

Yea , well you did it in the garage section not the random bullshit section of the page .

weendoggy

Reaction score
This sure lightened up my morning coffee and didn't even realize it was five pages long. Oh my, what a read. On the bright side (no pun intended) I'm always on the "fence" waiting for the shoe to drop to see each side say, "see, I told you so". Until that day comes, I'm stayin' on the fence, because I fall off ladders and had a severe concussion a few years ago. But, I'll keep reading.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
This sure lightened up my morning coffee and didn't even realize it was five pages long. Oh my, what a read. On the bright side (no pun intended) I'm always on the "fence" waiting for the shoe to drop to see each side say, "see, I told you so". Until that day comes, I'm stayin' on the fence, because I fall off ladders and had a severe concussion a few years ago. But, I'll keep reading.
No doubt it escalated quickly huh? I am squarely in the middle at the moment as well as I see that it is the next thing but not the next-year thing.

OP
OP
cobrajeff96

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Damn, people. LOL. I think we've all said our piece(s).

I, for one, just hope the gov't doesn't charge us to the moon for petrol, those of us who will keep our Stangs around.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score

I don't use 100% gasoline in my cars. What I said was my fear is that regular gasoline will become as hard to find and expensive as 100% gasoline is today.

Not in any of our lifetimes. And I doubt in my daughter’s lifetime either. If there’s not a gas station in town, there will most likely be one in a bordering town. There used to not be as many here when I was a kid. I think we are all spoiled by how many options we have to refuel.

Yea , well you did it in the garage section not the random bullshit section of the page .

As mentioned earlier, he wasn’t the original poster, just someone who decided to respond to it.

Sorry , not sorry. Non-fuggin-conformist here ! If you wanna take your boyfriend out in a E.V. Go right ahead!

Apparently someone still thinks only men visit this forum, thus felt like this was an insult. Remember the great Carol Shelby once said that mustangs were “secretary cars.” And even if he is male, love is love, happy early pride month to you sir.

No I’m taking it up with you and your vast knowledge on climate change . You probably eat your steak well done

And you eat yours with ketchup.

Damn, people. LOL. I think we've all said our piece(s).

I, for one, just hope the gov't doesn't charge us to the moon for petrol, those of us who will keep our Stangs around.

“Petrol”… …you know, as much as we bicker on here, we all need to realize that we actually are very lucky. People in Europe and elsewhere pay an arm and a leg for gas, and that was even before Putin decided to be an idiot, before EVs became mainstream even. In Germany, just getting a license is insanely difficult, and expensive, while here in the states, it’s pretty much a god given right. Driving is a right, not a privilege. And just about any heap with four wheels can pass inspection and be registered. $3 gas? Ha! Jeff needs to tell us how many euros a liter it costs where he’s at. I’m not real sure how automotive friendly Germany is to enthusiasts. I know that every time I was in Europe, seeing anything that was older than 5 years was rare.

OP
OP
cobrajeff96

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Well, I've been here since 2015 and was here for another couple years back in 04 - 06 as an Airman. Americans basically pay about half what the Germans do, those that have 'full privileges' anyway. There's plenty of old-timer resto cars out here, but boy do they pay for it. I'll say for the most part they do it proper: they take a car down to the bare metal and only until it's shiny metal do they really begin the restoration.

Germany is not what it used to be even 20 years ago. The culture has changed. I'm lucky I've been able to travel and live so many places over the years, and yes in Germany there's been an attitude shift toward cars in general. They really don't take kindly to people attempting their own mods unless it is a race-only car that never sees a street aside from sitting atop a trailer heading toward sanctioned close-course events. Do people still do it? You bet. Do the polizei give them the business? No question. The German government by and large (depending on the particular state) is pretty much hostile toward car culture.

While it is time consuming and costly for Germans to get their licenses, they are some of the worst drivers I've seen in just about every regard. In some ways they are better than American motorists, but in terms of Western European drivers, they absolutely suck. It's just another proof positive that big government deep intervention usually doesn't work. Their road work and just their work ethic in general can no longer be called exemplary. It'll take them 3 years to build or rework a 3 kilometer stretch of road and five years later they're digging it all back up again (guess they didn't get it right the first time).

(I think I need to leave this country, lol).

Fleischmandel

Reaction score
Hello there, i came across this thread and thought i give my opinion towards it especially the part about germany beeing a german and can give an in deepth look in to that

It is true that we have a loss of car culture in my eyes in comparison to back before my days and the prices for anything who comes to an ICE driven car especially something like a owning and driving a mustang are going nuts here...... for Example just the tax for one year having the car officially registered is about 695€

But still there is people like me and others who wont give up there passion and i don't think that we will have too. I hope and belive Synthetic and Bio Fuels are the way to go for us enthusiasts to coexist with the EV... stuff later on in the future

But equally i do my best and hope i can stick with the mustang ore ICE cars still in the future

Last edited:

dalpoas83

Reaction score
Yup. It's so depressing. The internet was supposed to result in massive dissemination of factual information. Now, though, it is a place where you can go find anything you want to hear. Believe the earth is flat? No problem. Tons of people on the internet to tell you it's true. Think the moon is hollow? Same same. Moon landings were fake? You can find your home on the internet.

My damn bathroom scale reads off the daily CO2 concentration in the air in my home, every half-hour, every day. But the CO2 data is all just a big scam, right?

View attachment 25824
Yup. It's so depressing. The internet was supposed to result in massive dissemination of factual information. Now, though, it is a place where you can go find anything you want to hear. Believe the earth is flat? No problem. Tons of people on the internet to tell you it's true. Think the moon is hollow? Same same. Moon landings were fake? You can find your home on the internet.

My damn bathroom scale reads off the daily CO2 concentration in the air in my home, every half-hour, every day. But the CO2 data is all just a big scam, right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online