What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Let’s see… what did I do to my car today? Yearned for it and threw myself a brief Pity Party since I’m only 1 month into a 3-4 month recovery from total (left) knee replacement! Kinda hard to work the clutch when you can’t extend the knee out out far enough yet!

FWIW, the party didn’t last very long (about 10 seconds!) when I realized how relieved I was to be off that damn walker AND the “old man” cane! And no, no tennis balls on the walker; went with skids ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_2076.jpeg
    IMG_2076.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2057.jpeg
    IMG_2057.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2059.jpeg
    IMG_2059.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

weendoggy

Reaction score
Let’s see… what did I do to my car today? Yearned for it and threw myself a brief Pity Party since I’m only 1 month into a 3-4 month recovery from total (left) knee replacement! Kinda hard to work the clutch when you can’t extend the knee out out far enough yet!

FWIW, the party didn’t last very long (about 10 seconds!) when I realized how relieved I was to be off the walker AND the cane! And no, no tennis balls on the walker; went with skids ;-)
Dang man! I remember those days, but I just had ACL repair, and no meniscus on inner side. Oh, mine was right knee so I could shift, just couldn't go anywhere. :)

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dang man! I remember those days, but I just had ACL repair, and no meniscus on inner side. Oh, mine was right knee so I could shift, just couldn't go anywhere. :)
Ditto. Did the meniscus same left knee as surgery 2 years ago. But all the recovery pain and physical therapy is worth it to me to be pain-free down the road

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Remembered the spare wheel was no longer going to clear my Baer brakes so I got rid of that, the jack and tire iron out of the trunk. Also took off the hood prop since I installed the MRT hood struts. So some minor weight saving stuff. If anyone wants the spare stuff or hood prop let me know, otherwise it's just getting checked in the trash.
Remembered the spare wheel was no longer going to clear my Baer brakes so I got rid of that, the jack and tire iron out of the trunk. Also took off the hood prop since I installed the MRT hood struts. So some minor weight saving stuff. If anyone wants the spare stuff or hood prop let me know, otherwise it's just getting checked in the trash.
Any chance I talk you into posting a picture of the hood struts? Please and thank you!

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Went for a drive with the top down. Just got this car 3 weeks ago and finally got it titled and registered. Stopped for gas and saw that the three screws that attach the top of the filler tube are missing. I never would have thought to look for that when buying a car. Bet I will look from now on.
Whatever you say Chief

optionizerSS

Reaction score
I have got called for jury duty 3 or 4 times. First time was around 1995. Got selected. 2nd time I walked into the courtroom and my step-son was sitting at the prosecution table. He is a homicide detective but at that time he was a patrolman. Judge asked if anyone knew anyone at the prosecuters table. I raised my hand and after telling the judge I was dismissed. Last time was about 2 years ago. Step-sons case again. It was a homicide case but they pled it down before we got called in. I used to work in law enforcement and always put that on my questionnaire so guessing thats why i don't get called more often.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Replaced the TCC solenoid in the '95 today as the convertor wasn't unlocking. Problem solved!
Hopefully our Steelers QB problem is solved with Wilson & Fields. Plus we got that LB from Cleveland (?) I think?

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Hopefully our Steelers QB problem is solved with Wilson & Fields. Plus we got that LB from Cleveland (?) I think?
lol. Steelers are cleaning house. Now if they'd just get rid of the head coach...lol. Not sure what direction they are trying to go or what their plan is for the future. Wilson was great in his day but he definitely isn't the future. Maybe 1-2 years but he should be mentoring the next QB1 but who will that be? Don't think they have one yet

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lol. Steelers are cleaning house. Now if they'd just get rid of the head coach...lol. Not sure what direction they are trying to go or what their plan is for the future. Wilson was great in his day but he definitely isn't the future. Maybe 1-2 years but he should be mentoring the next QB1 but who will that be? Don't think they have one yet
I think they want him to “mentor” Fields. We’ll see come Fall.

b1pig

Reaction score
after a brief stint at work, I came home and fiddled with the wife's Lexus. Its in rough shape.... poor car. been getting used up for years. might be able to save it, though.

Hosed all the tree sex (aka pollen) off the Mustang. Dropped the top and went to get my daughter from her 4H trip. Fun ride.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That sounds more like it, cuz R Wilson is no prize.
Neither of them are a prize. One is a locker room cancer and the other is a mental midget. Neither will be on the roster next year but they paid next to nothing for them. Pittsburgh is paying Wilson the league minimum because Denver is paying him $37 million on top of that and they only gave up a 6th rounder for Fields.

This draft class is hot garbage too. Williams runs around the pocket with the ball in one hand away from his body and has no internal clock. Daniels is the typical one read and go college athlete that locks in on one receiver. Everything Maye does looks slow at the college level which means really slow in the pros. Penix's entire highlight reel is more about bad db play than great throws. Everything is up for grabs. Nix probably has the best arm and McCarthy is a journeyman starter at best. Busts all around. Just take the best O-Lineman available.

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Steelers haven't made very wise decisions the last several years. I actually quit watching them cause the culture there is crap nowadays. Goal used to be to win championships. Now they only care about having a winning record and making playoffs. They don't care if they win a playoff game, just get there. When Tomlin was asked about AB getting penalized over and over for TD celebrations they asked Tomlin what he was going to do about it. His response was 'he is an adult, what do you want me to do'? WTF...you are the head coach. Cam Heyward a few years ago when they started 1-3. He said, don't know why the fans are so upset, we're only 1-3. The whole mentality has changed there. Big Ben even said that recently.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Steelers haven't made very wise decisions the last several years. I actually quit watching them cause the culture there is crap nowadays. Goal used to be to win championships. Now they only care about having a winning record and making playoffs. They don't care if they win a playoff game, just get there. When Tomlin was asked about AB getting penalized over and over for TD celebrations they asked Tomlin what he was going to do about it. His response was 'he is an adult, what do you want me to do'? WTF...you are the head coach. Cam Heyward a few years ago when they started 1-3. He said, don't know why the fans are so upset, we're only 1-3. The whole mentality has changed there. Big Ben even said that recently.
Ouch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online