What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Single wide house, quadruple wide garage. You, sir, are my hero. You have prioritized things the way the rest of us wish we could.
This should have been done years ago
I have more time on my hands and saved up for it
So I should have been on this when I was in my 30s
I'm mid 50 and feeling the pain
Lot of work into the property

GTamas

Reaction score
Repaired the shifter bezel. I used a reinforced glue to glue back on of the broken tabs. Painted the cig lighter flap from another bezel which had its spring tab intact and put it into my bezel.
I also reinforced the spring tabs, hopefully it will last.
20240403_205247.jpg
20240404_001613.jpg

weendoggy

Reaction score
Repaired the shifter bezel. I used a reinforced glue to glue back on of the broken tabs. Painted the cig lighter flap from another bezel which had its spring tab intact and put it into my bezel.
I also reinforced the spring tabs, hopefully it will last.
View attachment 33980
View attachment 33981
Have you heard of this stuff https://www.plastex.net/ I've been using this for over 10yrs with great results. Saw it at SEMA and the demo sold me. Hasn't failed yet. Great stuff for plastic repairs. Even used it on a refrigerator bin that cracked!

95opal

Reaction score
Out with the old in with the new.
Still have a few connector pins to swap around and the widebands to wire in before its all wrapped up.
Debating on keeping the stock pcm or selling it. Not sure on the market for them or what to do with the old SCT chip.20240403_141151_HDR.jpg

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Not my car but my step-sons 1999 GT convertible. Has all the Saleen body work and graphics but it's a GT. Car is chrome yellow but the bumpers and side skirts don't quite match the rest of the car. I think they tried to blend the drivers door too cause the back of the door is a lighter shade than the front so we are painting everything that is a shade off. Started on it tonight and got the front bumper sanded and all the chips sanded out while he pulled the headlights and side scoops. The mesh in the scoops were painted yellow so he pulled them off to repaint the mesh. Apparently when they put the Saleen scoops on they were too lazy to remove the mesh when they painted them so have to fix that. He had a heck of a time getting them off.
Debating on pulling the bumpers. Initially planned on it but since I'll be blending and trying to avoid painting edges we could leave them on but looking like the rear bumper will be much easier if we pull it. Have no idea how to get it off but think it would be the smart thing to do. Gonna pull the side skirts too.
I'm not a painter but do a pretty good job and base/clear is pretty hard to screw up.
I'll post pics along the way

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I threw some new shoes on my Cosmis in the back and had a bunch of tires mounted on some of the wheels I picked up over the winter.
I swapped my MT ET Street SS 305/35 18 for a pair of Nitto NT555R2 305/35 18. My MT hooked like a dream, but I had vibrations above 80 mph. Those MT are known for it.
I then had the MT tires mounted on a set of LMR Series 2 wheels I picked up. I figured I won't be using those wheels too often (they already had tires on the front wheels). Also had the freshly powder coated Steeda wheels fitted with a pair of 555R2 285/40 18s out back and a new pair of Sumitomos up front that I picked up for dirt cheap.

I look forward to swapping around the wheels this season and see what flavor I like best.
Pics?

badass98svt

Reaction score
Looks great. Is that going to mount to the current license plate area?

GTamas

Reaction score
Looks great. Is that going to mount to the current license plate area?
Yes. It will cover the trunk keyhole, but I already added a remote switch to open the trunk.
The license plate is going to mount magnetically to the carrier plate.
I plan to drill a hole in the carrier plate, so with the license plate off I can insert the key if the switch is not working.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Yes. It will cover the trunk keyhole, but I already added a remote switch to open the trunk.
The license plate is going to mount magnetically to the carrier plate.
I plan to drill a hole in the carrier plate, so with the license plate off I can insert the key if the switch is not working.

Sounds great! Well done.
Your car didn't come with a key fob to unlock the doors and pop the trunk? If not you can add it.

Last edited:

GTamas

Reaction score
Sounds great! Well done.
Your car did t come with a key fob to unlock the doors and pop the trunk? If not you can add it.
No, my car didn't come with a key fob. My mother (previous owner, it's a Mumstang :) ) added an alarm system to it with remote door and window opening/closing, but the trunk was forgotten. But I added a remote switch to the trunk popper circuit, works well and I programmed it to the same fob which opens the garage door, so the keychain is not too crowded.