1994 Cobra AutoX Build

seijirou

Reaction score
The fix for that is a tubular front K-member. While you're in the middle of that, drop the oil pan and change the gasket.

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Spent some time working on the wiring for the exports over the weekend, mostly making sure the domestic and export harnesses had wires going to the same places.

Found something interesting, looks like Ford had spliced a couple wires together from the factory, as they were like this on both the domestic and export harnesses.

Otherwise have just been putting the car back together after replacing gaskets, getting it ready for this weekends autocross!

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Had my first ever event today, was an absolute blast, I'm entirely hooked on autocrossing. Car performed decently enough, definitely needs new tires, and the car started to overheat after my freshly sealed water pump started to leak because I'm garbage at mating gaskets *rolls eyes*. Got to see some people I already know and meet a few other guys I've met either on here or social media so that was pretty sick. I was running pretty consistently in the mid 44.xx range so plenty of room for improvement but overall I don't think I did too bad for my first event. Pics timeeee

As a "fun" souvenir I grabbed the cone whose life I brutally ended, it shall be prominently displayed in the garage

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Sooooooo it's been quite some time since I've posted on here but some stuff has happened in this gap. Finally wired up my exports and they look great. Interestingly enough, with the genuine export wiring, whenever the turn signal is on, the speed at which it blinks is twice as fast as stock. But whenever the hazards are on, they blink at the same speed as stock, which is funny.
Untitled by codfod, on Flickr
Also I upgraded from the R58 Cobra R wheels to a set of 17x10 +18 Enkei RPF1's, very happy with those as well.
Untitled by codfod, on Flickr
Both photos are courtesy of [MENTION=19482]B.mad[/MENTION] at a recent autocross event, switched phones recently so that's the best I got, not even considering those pictures are miles ahead of anything I would be able to take, thanks Brandon!
Missed out on running at that event due to ball joints that desperately needed replacing, all taken care of now, hoping to make it out to a few events in the near future.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The hyper flashing on the lights is normally associated with led lights and can be fixed with a different flasher

OP
OP
codfod

codfod

Reaction score
Honestly I don't mind it, cool little quirk that adds to the character of the car. Nice to know it can be solved however.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Honestly I don't mind it, cool little quirk that adds to the character of the car. Nice to know it can be solved however.

yep. Cost 13 bucks for that flasher. So whenever you get tired of having blinkers with extreme ADHD, get the flasher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jd96gt

Members online