1995 GT

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Finally got time to get to my car again after all the renovations on my new house . Should have it wrapped up and running tomorrow . Can’t wait to power up the Holley dash .
5182CC4B-F1FB-4D88-8E2F-2827A19B5C8F.jpeg2325570D-2761-48B8-A297-268876666BAA.jpeg614B48E0-5849-417C-8BE6-5AAC034CEA20.jpeg

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
the holley dash is cool, right up till you go to set it all up. Gave me a sore neck leaning over trying to adjust everything, then changing it. Then changing it back.
I haven’t messed with it much . Got the car running today . Just dealing with a/c and the fans right now . I’ll have to get a fuel gauge as well

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
the holley dash is cool, right up till you go to set it all up. Gave me a sore neck leaning over trying to adjust everything, then changing it. Then changing it back.
It is a pain in the ass ajusting things and making it look presentable

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
It is a pain in the ass ajusting things and making it look presentable
well not really as it is a touch screen, there are just a LOT of options of what you can show and how you can show it that you will spend a couple of hour playing with it hunched over(a pencil with an eraser works better than fat fingers through the wheel for me) and still not be sure if you like what you did when your done.

duh09

Legend
Reaction score
What sort of power is this car making?

I've been wanting to do a very similar build with my 94 Cobra and I didn't want to get rid of the Cobra intake, and I felt like I was going to be a dummy to put heads and a blower on a car and leave that intake but now you got me reconsidering.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
the intake almost hitting the valve covers , and the throttle body is next to the oil filler on the valve cover , i thought adding spacers to the intake hurts the performance
i tried like hell not to add any spacers to mine , i think i ended up with a 3/8 spacer
but im using 93 valve covers which are shorter

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought phenolic spacers were good to separate the upper/lower for temp reason as well as to extend the runner? I am running trickflow heads with a vortech V3 with a 3/8" spacer and there is no issue other than the strut tower brace will not fit.

I have not had mine on the dyno but I can say it was enough to take out the stock T5 and now the T56 magnum is a hoot in 2nd and 3rd.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i had a set of those valve covers on mine, and then swapped them out for the 93 for that same reason
the intake was just taking over the valve cover, the oil filler neck was right under the throttle body
and the intake was hitting the valve cover it would not seat without a 1 inch spacer

then i did some research the spacer takes away the performance
took mine out and changed the top end with a gt 40 tube intake and 93 valve covers 3/8 spacer
i am happy with the way it tuned out
its also been a long while i seen a Ford Motor sport logo

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
i had a set of those valve covers on mine, and then swapped them out for the 93 for that same reason
the intake was just taking over the valve cover, the oil filler neck was right under the throttle body
and the intake was hitting the valve cover it would not seat without a 1 inch spacer

then i did some research the spacer takes away the performance
took mine out and changed the top end with a gt 40 tube intake and 93 valve covers 3/8 spacer
i am happy with the way it tuned out
its also been a long while i seen a Ford Motor sport logo

Strange various tests I’ve seen they usually pick up a maybe 1-2hp I only added them for for valve cover clearance . My new stud mount roller rockers wouldn’t clear . With a blower that pushes this much air it’s not going to be a problem . The car makes 15plus pounds of boost .

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought phenolic spacers were good to separate the upper/lower for temp reason as well as to extend the runner? I am running trickflow heads with a vortech V3 with a 3/8" spacer and there is no issue other than the strut tower brace will not fit.

I have not had mine on the dyno but I can say it was enough to take out the stock T5 and now the T56 magnum is a hoot in 2nd and 3rd.
That’s what I’ve read and heard in various places

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
What sort of power is this car making?

I've been wanting to do a very similar build with my 94 Cobra and I didn't want to get rid of the Cobra intake, and I felt like I was going to be a dummy to put heads and a blower on a car and leave that intake but now you got me reconsidering.

500’s would be my guess I haven’t had it on the dyno . Car makes 15 plus pounds of boost . 60 lb injectors , 340lph fuel pump . Performer rpm heads . The intake was ported by Tmoss back in the day . I’m going to do some street racing and 8th mile again so will see how much faster it is on the draggy .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don’t know how to use the thing lol . I’ll start messing with it tomorrow
and get ready for a sore neck then. As he said a wireless mouse helps or else get a pencil with a good eraser and you don't have to lean over as far. It is amazing and annoying all at the same time...

OP
OP
Musturd

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
and get ready for a sore neck then. As he said a wireless mouse helps or else get a pencil with a good eraser and you don't have to lean over as far. It is amazing and annoying all at the same time...

Yea lots of learning to do . Things cool though . Need to do a software update

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea lots of learning to do . Things cool though . Need to do a software update
then be aware you have to do one for the ecu, one for the screen and I am not sure if it is in that order. I know if the screen isn't on the same software version as the ecu they are not happy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online