4.6 AC full service

khan.cross

Reaction score
I have my Stang for a year now and the AC was not working from that time on. The AC radiator was blown but I took it to a radiator service and they welded one hole and the radiator is sealed again. Then I went to a AC service station, they made a short check and pressure test, the gas was not staying inside, somewhere might to be a small leak, they presumed the hoses which goes under the dash.

They said, the heater core has to come out to check the whole system, I can remove it actually, but it is a damn huge job to remove the whole dash.

What are your suggestions to do or shall I completely remove the stock AC system and use an aftermarket electrical AC?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Dash removal is actually quite easy. I could get one out in less than an hour.

Anyways, did they inject UV dye into the system? Makes pinpointing the leak very easy. Usually if the vacuum test fails, they can pressurize the system and you just listen for the hiss. If the many o-rings throughout the system don't get lubricated with the PAG/refrigerant mix at least twice a year they dry out. Most likely it is just a hose connection point leaking past the o-rings, or at multiple connections.

If something ever failed like a compressor, it's best to just replace every component in the system before trying to get A/C working again. Never is a bad thing to make the whole system new again, and then you have good A/C for a decade or more. Buy once, cry once.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooters

Members online