Aeromotive out; OE in??

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If it’s ok, I would like to rekindle this thread. I just filled up, did the calculations and I’m getting 13.? mpg! And I’m pretty darn light with the right foot for this very reason. I rarely stand on it WOT or rev it out to rpm’s over 3-3500 in fact usually in the neighborhood of 2500rpm. So… ???

I’m prepared to get a stock FPR if it’ll help. And check, clean or replace the MAF if that factors in as well. The Accel 24lb injectors that were put in new at the rebuild/stroker time about 5-6k ago apparently are the same size as stock. But the Aeromotive FPR that’s in there is adjusted with the tune. And, to the best of my knowledge, the stock fuel rails are in there.

Will swapping the FPR out for a non-adjustable stock one lean it out too much or still be within acceptable levels?

I’m also very willing to do the fuel pressure tests, but I will need someone to walk me through it as that’d be a first for me (ever; any car). I have a code reader on hand, too, if that will come into play or be of any assistance?

Cheers and thanks everyone for your patience with me and for restarting this thread!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you could just turn down the adjustable FPR if it is too high but if the air to fuel mix is good at the moment, that could cause a problem.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you could just turn down the adjustable FPR if it is too high but if the air to fuel mix is good at the moment, that could cause a problem.
I guess the next step is to get a fuel pressure testing gauge and see where I’m at

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s a few pics if it helps (?) Does that fuel rail look stock or dan you tell by just the picture?IMG_2743.jpeg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
The tune has the injectors adjusted for the fuel pressure they are under right now. I very seriously doubt you’ll see any kind of fuel mileage increase from this.

We definitely need to check fuel pressure. You’ll have to rent the pressure gauge from a parts store. It screws on to a valve on the fuel rail. The valve looks like a valve stem on a tire. We need to see what the pressure is set to now.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
And does the MAF need a gasket ‘tweezers? Also, the female connector doesn’t “snap” into places. Is that ok or is the clip missing?

Attachments

• IMG_2741.jpeg
    IMG_2741.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2740.jpeg
    IMG_2740.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 9

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
The o-ring on the maf housing seals it, no gasket necessary.

The MAF connector clip missing could cause problems if the connector is allowed to vibrate loose and lose contact.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The o-ring on the maf housing seals it, no gasket necessary.

The MAF connector clip missing could cause problems if the connector is allowed to vibrate loose and lose contact.
Strip of Gorilla tape all the way around it to secure it in place??

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The tune has the injectors adjusted for the fuel pressure they are under right now. I very seriously doubt you’ll see any kind of fuel mileage increase from this.

We definitely need to check fuel pressure. You’ll have to rent the pressure gauge from a parts store. It screws on to a valve on the fuel rail. The valve looks like a valve stem on a tire. We need to see what the pressure is set to now.
Ok, I’ll go to VatoZone or NAPA today and buy a testor gauge. In my quickie Google search I think I saw one that does fuel & vacuum pressure tests. Would be vice to have this in the toolbox

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fuel pressure gauge arrives Tuesday. For a 50% deal on Amazon Prime, I couldn’t pass it up and willing to wait till then. I TRY to shop small biz, but no one could match that price!

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Good deal. You could try the gorilla tape, you just don’t want too much there that prevents the connector going all the way on. Might be worth looking at getting a new connector.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as he said that missing clip can cause a lot of problems as the motor heats up and everything expands while vibrating. You can replace the harness.