BAB Cobra Pictures

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Thats Awesome! If you ever come back be sure to let me know! Bring your ride if possible! Im actually not as far from Hackettstown as you think. Its close enough that if you said you were in Hackettstown, JerZeyStangz and I would be on our way :tongue3:

Nothing in NJ is far away......hell if you look at a map of the U.S. its smaller than my thumb......:grd:

Reaction score
812 to be exact. 249 verts and 563 coupes which i know you know. but the real question is how many are still in existence hahah. i think bab is overlooked because it had a 3 year run on v6s gts and the 98 cobra while the 2000 mystics was strictly to the cobra, but yea technically speaking the 98 bab cobra is the "rarest" sn95 color (excluding new edge which i personally love the 99 electric green and 01 true blue)

Nighttrain

Reaction score
812 to be exact. 249 verts and 563 coupes which i know you know. but the real question is how many are still in existence hahah. i think bab is overlooked because it had a 3 year run on v6s gts and the 98 cobra while the 2000 mystics was strictly to the cobra, but yea technically speaking the 98 bab cobra is the "rarest" sn95 color (excluding new edge which i personally love the 99 electric green and 01 true blue)
Man you really got a thing for blue....lol

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Where in Jersey? I live just west of philly

Im about 4-5 hours from Afglen depending on traffic. Are you familiar with the car restaurant that they sometimes have meets at called The Chatterbox?

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Man you really got a thing for blue....lol

Whats not to love! Cant speak for everyone but blue is def my favorite, and if you like blue, BAB is the king of all blues! You cant beat a million shades of blue! :)

Correct, while we are on the topic i might as well give the run down for the people who dont know the numbers.

1998 BAB Cobra Coupes

10 with Black Cloth Interior

553 with Black Leather

- Total: 563

1998 BAB Cobra Verts

1 Black Cloth /Black Roof
1 Black Cloth /White Roof
224 Black Leather/Black Roof
23 Black Leather/ White Roof

- Total: 249

and def the two new edge colors you mentioned are nice and also one of my top ten fav new edge colors. The metallic electric green really pops and i actually test drove a True blue Gt and almost bought it maybe about 5 years ago that color is nice too. Ford has so many nice paints to choose from i love them all almost but BAB will always be my all time favorite :thumbsup:

but the real question is how many are still in existence hahah. but yea technically speaking the 98 bab cobra is the "rarest" sn95 color

Truth! It was rare when it was released I can only imagine how many are left in good shape. when i was searching for my car a few years back whenever i saw a BAB pop up its a GT with high miles 140-180k+ and it needs a lot of work and their asking like 12k for it! Lol. But that paint is still shining! Good to know their are no flaking issues like the oxford white is known for or somthing similar or whatever.

i think bab is overlooked compared to mystic because it had a 3 year run on v6s gts and the 98 cobra while the 2000 mystics was strictly 1 year to the cobra, but yea technically speaking the 98 bab cobra is the "rarest" sn95 color

I like seeing the non cobra BAB's out there it makes the BAB cobras even more exclusive, and i think its cool of them to limit BAB Cobras to a one year run and only 812 examples. Plus mystic has such a wild difference in color while you walk around it it just makes sense to limit them to the cobras. Also i think one of the reasons mystic has been noticed more so then BAB is the the key differences between the two (besides the colors) are the function, how they color change. BAB changes with differences in sunlight and time or day or time of year ONLY, where as Mystic changes with sunlight of course and most importantly angles :thumbsup: Here's a small example that some may need and some may not, If your at a car show and you see me parked next to a mystic you can walk around them both and vividly notice the color shifting going on in the Mystic but my BAB will have a random selective shade of blue depending on the outdoor conditions. If you came back in two hours the mystic would do practically the same thing as last time where as the BAB will be an entirely new/different shade of blue :) :thumbsup:

Mack

Reaction score
I "only" have a GT in BAB and as far as I know it's even more rare in Europe than a BAB Cobra. Sofar I have traced 2 BAB Cobra's in Europe (one in Spain, one in France) and my GT is the only BAB GT I know of.

I'm surprised to read prices of BAB being that high - I bought my GT 6 years ago, it only has 66k miles at the moment and I bought it for certainly less than 12k. I'm happy the car is worth more - seems it is appreciated more.

I just had mine valued for insurance purposes and it was worth more than 3 yrs ago - although it's still worth less than the total price I paid for buying it, shipping it and importing it into the country. But I regret nothing! :D

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Im about 4-5 hours from Afglen depending on traffic. Are you familiar with the car restaurant that they sometimes have meets at called The Chatterbox?

Im not familiar with the restaurant, but know Jersey pretty well. I used to drive/own tractor trailers so i was in jersey alot.

My two most hated colors.......red.....and blue.

Just kidding, my pickups blue and i think it looks pretty sharp. Im just pickin about the blue comments. Youll learn that about me ill joke around with anyone. But i do hate red, my last sn was red. That was the only part i didnt like about it. Now black.....i love me a black or white mustang.

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Im not familiar with the restaurant, but know Jersey pretty well. I used to drive/own tractor trailers so i was in jersey alot.

My two most hated colors.......red.....and blue.

Just kidding, my pickups blue and i think it looks pretty sharp. Im just pickin about the blue comments. Youll learn that about me ill joke around with anyone. But i do hate red, my last sn was red. That was the only part i didnt like about it. Now black.....i love me a black or white mustang.

:thumbsup:

-The restaurant is very very close to the Delaware Water Gap. Maybe one day you can join us for a cruise/meet

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I "only" have a GT in BAB and as far as I know it's even more rare in Europe than a BAB Cobra. Sofar I have traced 2 BAB Cobra's in Europe (one in Spain, one in France) and my GT is the only BAB GT I know of.

I'm surprised to read prices of BAB being that high - I bought my GT 6 years ago, it only has 66k miles at the moment and I bought it for certainly less than 12k. I'm happy the car is worth more - seems it is appreciated more.

I just had mine valued for insurance purposes and it was worth more than 3 yrs ago - although it's still worth less than the total price I paid for buying it, shipping it and importing it into the country. But I regret nothing! :D

Only 3 BAB's one Gt and two Cobras that can be accounted for in all of Europe and you own one of them! Thats cool info man! :)

and yeah the value of BABs are up high over here, plus they rarely come to market and good to hear your value went up! Not that we'd ever sell our cars :thumbsup:.

OP
OP
1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Heck yea, the dwg is probably 2-2.5 hrs from me. Are you going to Maple Grove this year for AM show?

Sick, def one day soon, ill keep you posted. And na cant get out to the AM show this year. Hbu?

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Plan on taking my boy. Hes starting to show a big interest in things that go fast. I have to keep him away from my lawn mowers and stuff he keeps tearing em apart to put them back together lol.

Reaction score
V8 BAB mustangs are very far and few in between when they come up for sale. No joke if you do a nationwide search for 98-00 v8 blue mustangs you may find one or two. ONE OR TWO. BAB v8s for sale. Cobras will come up more often than a GT which is weird but still...they basically don't exist hahah

Nighttrain

Reaction score
I hear you especially with all the sn95's thag are out there. Still crazy how much people want for a car thats so readily available

lutter94

Reaction score
V8 BAB mustangs are very far and few in between when they come up for sale. No joke if you do a nationwide search for 98-00 v8 blue mustangs you may find one or two. ONE OR TWO. BAB v8s for sale. Cobras will come up more often than a GT which is weird but still...they basically don't exist hahah

I haven't seen too many 94/95 teal over the years, but I don't know the build numbers.....

1bad95

Reaction score
BAB what a terrible color [emoji87] [emoji6] lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online