Frame damage? If so how can I fix it.

OP
OP
thatsnninety5

thatsnninety5

Reaction score
Junkyard probably. I’m not too sure. Your best bet is going to be to take the rear bumper cover off, and inspect everything.
So, I didnt take the bumper off yet but I crawled under and couple a couple pictures, I believe its not frame damage at all because the frame seem to be in tact but what is your guys opinions. I also mightve taken some of the pictures upside down on accident but they might look a bit weirdIMG_0403.jpegIMG_0404.jpegIMG_0405.jpegIMG_0406.jpegIMG_0407.jpegIMG_0408.jpeg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I don’t mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I think the reason your damage is so extensive is because of how rusted your car is. The spare tire well is creased, and it does look like the rear subframes are pulled together.

I honestly think this repair will cost more than buying a rust free shell of a car.

OP
OP
thatsnninety5

thatsnninety5

Reaction score
this is not a diy job by any means.
By the looks of the damage would you say the 3k I was quoted was reasonable? They didnt go as in depth as I did with looking under the car and stuff but they just looks from the top, pretty much everything that was in the original pictures on this post and the only stuff they looked at/saw.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I think that is reasonable, but I think you might be on for more once they find the rust. It’s very likely that they will recommend cutting the whole back half off another car and grafting it on. Then they have to paint it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
must be a good buddy or I would be asking about his insurance. As he said with the rust you have seen, there is bound to be a some or even a bunch that you have not yet seen. The front areas around the K's are also known to rot and not be that easy to see.

GTamas

Reaction score
By the looks of the damage would you say the 3k I was quoted was reasonable? They didnt go as in depth as I did with looking under the car and stuff but they just looks from the top, pretty much everything that was in the original pictures on this post and the only stuff they looked at/saw.
Before ordering the works, I would ask them in detail what is included in the quoted price. Also let them check under the car before quoting, try to prevent surprisess.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whiplash-Smile

Members online