Free 94 The Crimson Stallion

wnyman10

Reaction score
Here is my newest project. I've been a Mustang fan since I was a kid, but what made me fall in love with the SN95 was a kid in high school who had a 94 White 5.0 with a red interior. Ever since then, they have been one of my favorite body styles.

My brother bought this car back in 2015 and didn't drive it much. Then he gave it to my dad, who drove it around town and then let it sit. After sitting for about a year, he gave it to me, so the car was totally free. I am not looking to create a show car, just a healthy good, good-looking car that looks decent, runs good, and is reliable.

Here is what it looked like the day I got it.

It's not a bad 10 footer but its got issues

1. Hail Damage on the roof and trunk lid
2. Bad idle
3. Very clunky suspension
4. Bad rear main leak
5. Surface rust at the bottom of the front fenders.
6. The paint on the bumpers is trash.
7. Tires are dangerously bad probably due to the clunky suspension.

The first thing I did was give it a wash and get rid of those awful headlights.

The next order of business was to fix the idle, so I ordered a Motorcraft cap, rotor, plugs, and coil

That seriously helped, and now it seems to run better, I probably could use a good run down the highway to clear it out a bit. That will get done after the tires and suspension work.

On to the suspension and here is where I found some real gems

The sway bar was loose, and the bushings were completely ruined, the sway bar end links were completely ruined, struts were shot, and tire rod ends needed replacing. Then, on closer inspection, I pulled the springs out, and an entire coil was left in the control arm, so they were also junk.

As we sit today, I got all the junk out and have all the new parts on the way. Hopefully, they should be here tomorrow. Until the parts come, I'll paint the rest of the suspension with some Por-15 to protect it from rust.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Hey not a bad deal! And honestly the car is in really good shape given the unsheltered life it has had. I think your mind set is a good direction for the car. Keep applying time and work into the car and you will have a great cruiser in no time at all. Just be sure to keep us updated, cause Ill be watching this one evolve!

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
Free means you have more money to help fix her up. She looks good for doing all that sitting. Nice score for sure.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Good starting point!

I have some stock lower control arms, if you need them, just cover the shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooters

Members online