How to remove the glove box?

maillemaker

Reaction score
Hi all,

How do you remove the glove box? 1995 GT. Trying to find a vacuum leak to the AC system as my AC is stuck on defrost.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there are screws on the bottom. First Look on the passenger side of the firewall(engine side) for where the vac line comes out and then goes above the motor to the vac tree. It is common for it to break above the motor.

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
there are screws on the bottom. First Look on the passenger side of the firewall(engine side) for where the vac line comes out and then goes above the motor to the vac tree. It is common for it to break above the motor.
Yes, mine already broke there once, but I fixed it. There are no problems in the engine bay.

OP
OP
M

maillemaker

Reaction score
Welp, it was the same spot it broke before in the engine bay. :)

I had broken this several months ago pulling out the transmission dipstick. The rigid hardline coming out of the firewall snapped where the rubber line plugged into it. I snipped off the broken end and re-spliced.

Well, the line broke again, twice.

I found it by unplugging the line from the vacuum tree and blowing in it. Or having my son blow in it. I could hear it leaking, and traced it to my splice. The hardline had partially broken right at the splice. Snipped it and re-spliced, then found another crack about an inch further down the line. Snipped again and now everything works fine. My hardline coming out of the firewall is getting kinda short though...hope it doesn't break too many more times!

The partial break explains why sometimes after running a while or gunning the engine the AC would slowly switch back over to the front registers - finally pulled enough vacuum to do the job.

So, AC works again!

07GtS197

Reaction score
If you ever want to replace the hard plastic vacuum lines, I’d recommend this site

I haven’t tried them myself but they are highly recommended from a few guys on grandmarq.net. They’re like the oem lines and bend with some heat to route them like the factory lines.

Edit: I have no clue why the link is called pardon our interruption. It’s not spam I promise lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooters

Members online